AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crusoe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Crusoe Reply with quote

Did anyone else watch the new TV series based on Robinson Crusoe? It was over the top in many ways, but I happened to see the opening titles and saw that Sean Bean was in it so had to watch. He plays the hero's father. SB wasn't in many scenes, and I've no idea if he will be on future episodes. I don't know if I'll watch it in future, but it was kind of fun in a Pirates of the Caribbean way. Sam Neill is clearly set up to be the villain of the piece. I kind of miss "New Amsterdam", if we're going to have 17th C heroes on 21st C TV.
KarenS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Crusoe Reply with quote

Susan/DC wrote:
Did anyone else watch the new TV series based on Robinson Crusoe? It was over the top in many ways, but I happened to see the opening titles and saw that Sean Bean was in it so had to watch. He plays the hero's father. SB wasn't in many scenes, and I've no idea if he will be on future episodes. I don't know if I'll watch it in future, but it was kind of fun in a Pirates of the Caribbean way. Sam Neill is clearly set up to be the villain of the piece. I kind of miss "New Amsterdam", if we're going to have 17th C heroes on 21st C TV.

Susan,

Can you share details such as time and station the show is on? It sounds interesting and since you and I liked New Amsterdam so much I am assuming I might like this one as well.

Thanks!

Karen
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Crusoe Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:

Susan,

Can you share details such as time and station the show is on? It sounds interesting and since you and I liked New Amsterdam so much I am assuming I might like this one as well.

Thanks!

Karen

Karen, "Crusoe" is on NBC on Friday nights. Here in Washington I think it's on at 9:00 PM, but check your local TV listings to be sure. The first episode was interesting enough to make me want to watch the second, but I'm still a bit hesitant about whether it will have enough of a different storyline each week to keep me watching. If nothing else, I'll watch for a while in hopes that Sean Bean continues to appear, even if only briefly.
KarenS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Crusoe Reply with quote

Susan/DC wrote:
KarenS wrote:

Susan,

Thanks!

Karen

Karen, "Crusoe" is on NBC on Friday nights. Here in Washington I think it's on at 9:00 PM, but check your local TV listings to be sure. The first episode was interesting enough to make me want to watch the second, but I'm still a bit hesitant about whether it will have enough of a different storyline each week to keep me watching. If nothing else, I'll watch for a while in hopes that Sean Bean continues to appear, even if only briefly.

Thanks Susan! Will make every attempt to watch it this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: