AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

San Diego, anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: San Diego, anyone? Reply with quote

Does anyone live in the SD area or know it well? I'm staying in Old Town for 5 days to see my Recruit graduate and become a Marine. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations, possibly in the restaurant department. Anything would be appreciated. cheri
LeeB.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheri: I've visited San Diego several times and love it. I'm not a huge foodie but my boss was there recently and liked eating out in the Gaslamp quarter and in Old Town.

So, you're going to become a Marine? Wow, I'm impressed. Good luck!
Gail K.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, cheri, to you and your son! You must be so proud. PM me with your address...i have some SD stuff for you.

-Gail
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeb, Not me,LOL, my stepson. He's been in bootcamp all summer. GailK, I'm PM you. cheri
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good reunion with your son, cheri; and you know we'll be expecting a complete report when you return. I've only been to the Big Sur and San Francisco areas, but I fell in love with them. I'm sure San Diego and its wonderful weather will be great for you too.
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so DANG excited and proud as a peacock. I'm pretty sure I'm bringing a couple rolls of Brawny for all the tears and believe me, I won't be the only one! Very Happy We are getting there Wed afternoon and leaving Sunday. We plan on going to the world famous Zoo on Saturday. And Thurs and Friday are family day and graduation. Then we only have the week and he's gone again. Crying or Very sad At least we will be able to have contact with him. This boot camp no contact except thrrough letters stinks. It's funny but I just finished writing our last letter on Friday (mail is way behind and he's going through intense testing next week including the Gas Chamber and The Crucible) and I just got the first letter in the mail today from his GF who joined at the same time as he did but is going through training in Parris Island, SC just now. So Round 2 Recruit letters,stamps,powerbars and bandaids here we come. Laughing I will for sure give you girls the run down and if I can figure out how to do pictures I'll do that too! cheri
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheri, congrats to your stepson! I've been to San Diego a number of times and really enjoy it. I hope you have a fantastic visit.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
Leeb, Not me,LOL, my stepson. He's been in bootcamp all summer.

Oopsie! Well, good luck to him! Very Happy
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cheri, if tomorrow is the day you'll be leaving (you said on Wed), I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip and and good visit with your stepson. Let us know when you return of some of the highlights of it and the area.
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tee! How are you? Thanks for the sendoff but it's not until next Wed the 1st of Oct. I'm so darned excited!!!! It did help to finally see him! The Marines released videos of the Recruits soon to be new Marines on Friday night. It was exciting and a little teary eyed to finally see him after so many months. I barely recognized him! LOL! If you'd like to check it out here's the website.

www.devildogs.info

Then he's in Third Battalion, Kilo Company, PLT 3230
MY kid is in the 4th row at the very end. The camera pans to the left in his row and he's the last one in the row! Ooh Rah!
cheri
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I jumped the gun on your trip, didn't I? I'll have to remember that for next week. I did check out the video; but with their hats so low on their faces, it's hard to make out features. He made it, cheri! You wondered, but he did it. And the whole group looks great!
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost Tee, almost! Tomorrow morning(Thursday) at breakfast he will receive his Eagle, Globe, Anchor pin after the Crucible. He has currently been awake since yesterday 3am doing a 44 mile march over 55 hrs of no sleeping or eating. Breakfast tomorrow will be the end( and it will probably rate as the best breakfast ever!LOL) and he will officially be a Marine. YEAH! Thanks for checking out the video. They are all so young! cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: