AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ripped from a (Bad) Romance Novel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Ripped from a (Bad) Romance Novel Reply with quote

So this guy I've sorta been corresponding with alla sudden emails me his list requirements for a wife. Shocked In a PDF file. He took the time to type it up in paragraph form and everything.

I need to run, screaming, far away, right? (I apparently do not meet several of his requirements, including the ones for frugality, self-discipline, etc).

What real-life hard-to-believe stories do you have from the dating world?

-Gail
Kass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where the fun begins. There are all sorts of things you could do with a list like that. Very Happy I can think of several, including critiquing it for grammar and spelling or making your own list with the first requirement 1. Not a jackass who sends me some stupid list of requirements for a spouse.

As for dating disasters, my oddest dating experience was when I set up a date with a guy and he never showed up. I don't know why, as I never heard from him again.

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
LeeB.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail: Running far far away while screaming sounds right to me. Yikes!
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually met up with him for a lunch date today. My curiosity got the better of me. It shouldn't have. Dude was very b.o.r.i.n.g. And trying too hard. Dating over age 30 means you're left with a lot of socially awkward men. Or just plain freaks. The hunt continues.

-Gail
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have another story perfect for this thread. It happened to friend of mine IRL, who, hopefully, will never find out I'm gossiping about her love life on a mb. Anyway, so once she slept with this guy who got very upset at himself for not being able to perform for "round two" if you know what I mean. He started jumping up and down on the bed in frustration! My friend had to pacify him like an upset toddler and usher him home asap. Needless to say, this story made the email rounds right quick. Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
Oh, I have another story perfect for this thread. It happened to friend of mine IRL, who, hopefully, will never find out I'm gossiping about her love life on a mb. Anyway, so once she slept with this guy who got very upset at himself for not being able to perform for "round two" if you know what I mean. He started jumping up and down on the bed in frustration! My friend had to pacify him like an upset toddler and usher him home asap. Needless to say, this story made the email rounds right quick. Laughing

Wow...so, I guess he wouldn't make it into a romance novel as the hero??? The only dating stories I can come up with are my daughter and her 20 yr. old friends. I dare say, they probably don't reveal all to me, but I have heard a few doozies! Some boys are very immature...that's all I have to say. Laughing
dick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,hey, ladies, the guy who jumped up and down on the bed couldn't possible qualify as a romance hero, anyway. Four is the minimum for them--not counting nooners, of course. No wonder he went acrobatic!
Cora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst pick-up line I was ever subjected to is still this one from 10th grade.

Bloke: "You're Cora, aren't you? How many As do you have?"

No introduction (and while I knew who he was at the time, just as he obviously knew who I was, I didn't know him), no how are you, no small talk, just the question after the grades. And the fact that he bothered to ask my name at all was probably only to verify he was talking to the right person, because he wouldn't want to waste his time trying to hit on a girl who had Bs and Cs instead of As.

How did it go on? I answered (and I honestly don't remember how many As I had in 10th grade), whereupon he proceeded to inform me that he had one A more than me. He pursued me on and off for the next two years or so, while I could not have been less interested, not only because he was unpleasant (not the fun kind of geek who can talk for hours about Star Wars, but the nasty, boasting sort of geek) but also because he had the worst case of acne I had ever seen. And was one head shorter than me. After we graduated, he went on to study mathematics or physics or something and I never saw him again.

This post actually made me curious enough to google my erstwhile suitor. I found a guy with the same name and approximately the same age, but the photo and CV don't match.
Diana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My college roomie and I met our blind dates at the local movie house. It was painfully clear very early in the evening that they already had a pretty good beer drunk going on and probably some chemicals as well. They started with the feely, grabby (did I mention the beer breath?) stuff and we politely excused ourselves to go to the ladie's. We hightailed it out the front door and walked back to campus. Not real nice of us, but it had to be done.

We often wondered just how long they sat there with two yawning empty seats between them and waited for us to come back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: