AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RITA for Miranda Cheever... seriously?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elizabeth Rolls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My reaction to the On the Way to the Wedding win was even more cynical. I imagined the RITA judges panicking because they hadn't given Quinn an award for any of the Bridgerton books and were down to their last chance.

Fairly unlikely, Schola. I can only speak for myself as a judge, but when I get my box of RITA books I don't give the proverbial tinker's damn if the author is well known, a personal favourite of mine or even a couple of times, someone I actually know quite well. We are pretty much sworn to secrecy, not supposed to discuss particulars with anyone else or let people know what we have in our pile. It would be very unlikely that five judges all off their own bat decided that they had better give a particular author a shot. Let alone ten judges. It just isn't going to happen because we don't know who else has the same book. And something else to bear in mind; in my experience writers, whether published or not, tend to be the world's pickiest readers. The other thing to consider is that we are encouraged not to judge only on personal preference but to try and consider books as objectively as possible. I have at least twice given high marks to books that I would never have bought simply because they were not my cup of tea. They were still damn good books though. Just not the type of story that floats my boat. Sad to say though I'm with Karen T - obviously not one of the popular girls, since they've never been desperate enough to ask me to judge the second round. I'm telling myself it's the postage. Wink

Elizabeth
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sad to say though I'm with Karen T - obviously not one of the popular girls, since they've never been desperate enough to ask me to judge the second round. I'm telling myself it's the postage. Wink

Laughing Elizabeth. Since I'm in Albuquerque (next state over!), I'm guessing it's not the postage, either.

Wink

Karen T.
Elizabeth Rolls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, Karen! You're popping my nice little bubble here!

Elizabeth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: