AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tony Snow's passing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trish B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Tony Snow's passing Reply with quote

Former White House Press Secretary, former news anchor, radio show host, new paper columnist & editor and presidential speech writer (Bush 41) died this weekend after a long battle with colon cancer. Though perhaps not as well known as Tim Russert, he was just as beloved by politicos and press from both sides of the idealogical divide. He was a good, kind, decent guy in a business that can often be mean-spirited and cruel. He was optimistic and enthusiastic and honorable. Washington will not be the same without him. Much sympathy to his wife and three children.
MarianneM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: To Tony ..."fair winds and following seas" ... Reply with quote

I agree, Trish. Tony Snow was one of those rare people who had grace, not only under pressure, but in everything he did and said, always. He will be greatly missed, by many of us he never knew.

MarianneM
bookbug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree he was a terrific pleasant guy and made watching news and political news interesting and tolerable.
He will be greatly missed! Crying or Very sad
Ellen AAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming in late on this, but I really loved Tony Snow and Tim Russert too. Tony was an excellent musician who played a number of instruments including jazz flute. Check out youtube and you can find him playing with Leslie West.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: