AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lnorris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Question about book Reply with quote

Ok this is driving me crazy......so crazy I have spent a great deal of time on Amazon.com and at the library trying to look for this book......

A few weeks ago I read a book and can not remember the title and author. The setting was in England and France. The time period was before the French Revolution (I think)....anyway It is about a girl who was born in England she had a happy life until her father had an accident which changed his personality. He began first beating his wife and as the daughter got older started beating her as well. This prompted the mother to take the daughter and escape to France where she was taken care of by her lover....After the sudden death of both her mother and lover....she discovers her Uncle has ownership of her now and intends to send her to a german missionary to be rid of her and keep her inheritance. She frightened comtemplates death but instead escapes and comes under the protection of a Lord or duke (can't remember) He marries her but in the end must fight her Uncle to keep her....This is the just of it....If anyone knows the title please let me know..........2 Question
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about book Reply with quote

lnorris wrote:
Ok this is driving me crazy......so crazy I have spent a great deal of time on Amazon.com and at the library trying to look for this book......

A few weeks ago I read a book and can not remember the title and author. The setting was in England and France. The time period was before the French Revolution (I think)....anyway It is about a girl who was born in England she had a happy life until her father had an accident which changed his personality. He began first beating his wife and as the daughter got older started beating her as well. This prompted the mother to take the daughter and escape to France where she was taken care of by her lover....After the sudden death of both her mother and lover....she discovers her Uncle has ownership of her now and intends to send her to a german missionary to be rid of her and keep her inheritance. She frightened comtemplates death but instead escapes and comes under the protection of a Lord or duke (can't remember) He marries her but in the end must fight her Uncle to keep her....This is the just of it....If anyone knows the title please let me know..........2 Question

Since you recently read it, is it a recently published book or something older?
lnorris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is an older book. I think it was published around 2001
belize

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be a lot older than 2001.

This is the exact plot of an old Barbara Cartland novel, TEMPTED TO LOVE.

The only point of variance is the time period, since the Cartland novel is set just prior to the Franco-Prussian war in 1870.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: