AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

I usually avoid The Lifetime Channel, but am interested in The Tenth Circle by Picoult on tonight. However....I am in the middle of the book now, enjoying it, and don't want to watch the movie...yet. For those of you who watch Lifetime, do they play the movies again? Love the book even though it's not exactly a romance, Picoult is such a gifted writer. On that note, she will move beyond Lifetime with My Sister's Keeper hitting the Big Screen. I have high hopes for My Sister's Keeper with Cameron Diaz. Anyway, I'm tempted to tune in tonight, but really don't want any spoilers, spoiling my reading the book. Crying or Very sad
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

xina wrote:
For those of you who watch Lifetime, do they play the movies again? ....she will move beyond Lifetime with My Sister's Keeper hitting the Big Screen. I have high hopes for My Sister's Keeper with Cameron Diaz.

Yes, xina. It should be replayed again on Lifetime, but I couldn't find when the next date would be. I'm glad you're enjoying the book; I had a difficult time with it for some reason or other.

Good news, though, about My Sister's Keeper. That was a great story. I'll be looking forward to seeing that one.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina wrote:
For those of you who watch Lifetime, do they play the movies again? ....she will move beyond Lifetime with My Sister's Keeper hitting the Big Screen. I have high hopes for My Sister's Keeper with Cameron Diaz.

Yes, xina. It should be replayed again on Lifetime, but I couldn't find when the next date would be. I'm glad you're enjoying the book; I had a difficult time with it for some reason or other.

Good news, though, about My Sister's Keeper. That was a great story. I'll be looking forward to seeing that one.

Thanks for checking into that Tee! I'm sure it will be on again. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Yes, I am enjoying the book. My daughter is reading Jodi Picoult books this summer, so I thought I'd join her. She writes some heavy situations, but to me, reading is about the serious things too and Picoult does that so well. We've got My Sister's Keeper ready to read too, but I think my daughter is reading it next, so I will have to wait. It's nice to discuss books with her. She doesn't read romance, but she does have the latest Sophie Kinsella on her nightstand to read sometime....and that book is somewhat romance, I think.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

xina wrote:
We've got My Sister's Keeper ready to read too, but I think my daughter is reading it next, so I will have to wait. ...but she does have the latest Sophie Kinsella on her nightstand to read sometime....and that book is somewhat romance, I think.

My Sister's Keeper has to be a re-read for you. I'm sure both of us have discussed this one on the boards. If she's reading Kinsella's Remember Me?, I hope she's enjoying it. I loved it. Right now I'm reading Claire Cook's latest, Summer Blowout, and liking it a lot. Her Must Love Dogs was a winner for me, but I don't remember necessarily the following ones being all that good.

Sorry I got off topic here, xina.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina wrote:
We've got My Sister's Keeper ready to read too, but I think my daughter is reading it next, so I will have to wait. ...but she does have the latest Sophie Kinsella on her nightstand to read sometime....and that book is somewhat romance, I think.

My Sister's Keeper has to be a re-read for you. I'm sure both of us have discussed this one on the boards. If she's reading Kinsella's Remember Me?, I hope she's enjoying it. I loved it. Right now I'm reading Claire Cook's latest, Summer Blowout, and liking it a lot. Her Must Love Dogs was a winner for me, but I don't remember necessarily the following ones being all that good.

Sorry I got off topic here, xina.

Nope...I've only read The Pact, and Mercy by Picoult. I'm more of a Anita Shreve fan who sort of resembles Picoult, with a touch more romance. My daughter....loves the angst. Always has, so she's loving her Picoult discovery. And BTW Tee...I love Claire Cook. I will have to reserve Summer Blowout from the library. Tee, you should try The Boundless Deep by Kate Brallier. I know you don't like paranormal..it is a reincarnation theme, but it's done in first person and has a nice romance (in the past and present) and has a nice twist in the end.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tenth Circle...Jodi Picoult. Lifetime movie Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Nope...I've only read The Pact, and Mercy by Picoult. [....] Tee, you should try The Boundless Deep by Kate Brallier. I know you don't like paranormal..it is a reincarnation theme, but it's done in first person and has a nice romance (in the past and present) and has a nice twist in the end.

Oh, you will have to get back with me then, xina, after you've read My Sister's Keeper. That's still my favorite one that she wrote. Beware, it's a strange one. I think it's one of those books that people either love or hate--there probably isn't too much middle ground to hold on to here once you're finished with it. Since it involves sisters, it'll also be interesting to hear your daughter's reactions to it. I'm really looking forward to the movie and hope they do justice to it.

Thanks for the rec. You're right that I don't usually do paranormal, but I've enjoyed a few of them. Depends on how it's written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: