AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duchess By Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Duchess By Night Reply with quote

Duchess By Night by Eloisa James is delightful and fresh and one of my favorite books of 2008. Normally the female lead disguised as a male theme is not my favorite but I just got a Kindle and also wanted to follow Isabelle, the Beaumont's and Villier's story so I decided to try Duchess By Night. What a wanderful surprise. I have read most of Ms. James books, my fav being Kiss Me Annabelle. I got her last few books from the library and was more intrigued by the secondary characters (in fact I remember them more than the main characters). Duchess By Night is a summer treat.
sssspro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne, I couldn't agree with you more. Ms. James is usually a hit or miss for me...with more misses than hits, but I absolutely LOVED this one. There were a lot of plot devices that I normally hate (including the precocious child), but somehow it all worked very well. This was my favorite of the group so far, BY far. Many times Ms. James has too many characters and doesn't focus on the main characters enough. For this one I thought the secondary characters were just perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: