AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue-Eyed Devil gets a warm rating?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GraindeBeaute wrote:
According to her website, there's no word if she's writing a contemporary as of this time. Her upcoming releases are Wallflower Christmas on October 2008, and Seduce Me at Sunrise on September. =)

Thanks for the info GraindeBeaute! I did check her website, but nothing on any future contemporaries, but I suppose that doesn't mean there might be a plan for one. I didn't really notice anything in Blue-eyed Devil that pointed toward another book, but Jack does seem like a nice romance hero. Here's hoping for one. I love her contemporary voice.
GraindeBeaute

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
GraindeBeaute wrote:
According to her website, there's no word if she's writing a contemporary as of this time. Her upcoming releases are Wallflower Christmas on October 2008, and Seduce Me at Sunrise on September. =)

Thanks for the info GraindeBeaute! I did check her website, but nothing on any future contemporaries, but I suppose that doesn't mean there might be a plan for one. I didn't really notice anything in Blue-eyed Devil that pointed toward another book, but Jack does seem like a nice romance hero. Here's hoping for one. I love her contemporary voice.

Hello xina!

Have you read Lisa Kleypas back list? What novels by her did you like. I'm only starting to get my hands on Kleypas novels. I only started reading romance two months ago. =) I'm fairly new to this genre. Thanks!
xina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello xina!

Have you read Lisa Kleypas back list? What novels by her did you like. I'm only starting to get my hands on Kleypas novels. I only started reading romance two months ago. =) I'm fairly new to this genre. Thanks![/quote]

Hi GraindeBeaute! Yes, I've read most of her backlist. I haven't been reading romance for a long, long time, but it's been about 8 years and Kleypas has continued to be a favorite of mine still. Her Wallflower series is very good, but my favorites by her are her older novels. Then Came You is probably my #1. Love the heroine in that book...Lily Lawson. After that would be the sort-of sequel (can be read alone though) and that is...Dreaming Of You which features the much-loved-by-many-readers...Derek Craven. Both books are must reads by Kleypas. I also loved Midnight Angel and Worth Any Price. REally...it's hard to miss with anything by Kleypas...IMO. Have fun. I envy you just starting out with this author.
GraindeBeaute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Hello xina!

Have you read Lisa Kleypas back list? What novels by her did you like. I'm only starting to get my hands on Kleypas novels. I only started reading romance two months ago. =) I'm fairly new to this genre. Thanks!

Hi GraindeBeaute! Yes, I've read most of her backlist. I haven't been reading romance for a long, long time, but it's been about 8 years and Kleypas has continued to be a favorite of mine still. Her Wallflower series is very good, but my favorites by her are her older novels. Then Came You is probably my #1. Love the heroine in that book...Lily Lawson. After that would be the sort-of sequel (can be read alone though) and that is...Dreaming Of You which features the much-loved-by-many-readers...Derek Craven. Both books are must reads by Kleypas. I also loved Midnight Angel and Worth Any Price. REally...it's hard to miss with anything by Kleypas...IMO. Have fun. I envy you just starting out with this author.

I have a copy of Then Came You but I haven't read it yet. I'm still looking for Dreaming of You and other of Kleypas back list. I have her wallflower series, Lady Sophia's Lover, and Sugar Daddy on my TBR list. I've read Worth Any Prize. I didn't know it was a part of a series so I'll be reading the Bow Street Runner series out of order. Embarassed I love that LK novel. Nick Gentry! It was a steaming hot romance novel! *laughs*

It's really an exciting experience for me. Especially when I discover a new romance author and then I'll be looking over her back list to see what I would like to read. It's addicting! =) But you've read a lot of romance novels before. I envy you. Very Happy

Which other romance authors do you like?
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ I'll be reading the Bow Street Runner series out of order. Embarassed I love that LK novel. Nick Gentry! It was a steaming hot romance novel! *laughs*

It's really an exciting experience for me. Especially when I discover a new romance author and then I'll be looking over her back list to see what I would like to read. It's addicting! =) But you've read a lot of romance novels before. I envy you. Very Happy

Which other romance authors do you like?[/quote]

I read The Bow Street Runner series out of order too. When I first started reading romance novels, I didn't read books in order...still don't even now, but I do try to.
As for other authors...we should start a new thread on the Reader ot Reader board. I'll do that later today, or you could too. It would be fun to share ideas with you!
GraindeBeaute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people would enjoy a thread like that. You could start it Xina. I don't really know that much authors to recommend to to other readers at this point in time. Very Happy

I have that tendency too. I also read The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn out of order. I promised to re-read them in order some other time. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: