AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is Harriet Klausner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Em

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Who is Harriet Klausner? Reply with quote

I'm almost afraid to pose this question, because I seem to recall a previous discussion somewhere about this woman, but here goes: "Who the h*** is Harriet Klausner? "
Is this a pseudonym for any number of reviewers? It seems as if every time I search for some random book on Amazon, up pops a review by Klausner. Can she possibly be really reading all these books--in different genres to boot? I'd appreciate any info on this, as I'm really intrigued!
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's mostly a nuisance, but if you're really curious, the Wall Street Journal did an article on her here and Time Magazine has one here.
sssspro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all the articles say she is just a prolific reader and reads 4 or 5 books a day, but I can't believe that this is just one person. Not only does she have to READ all these books, she has to write the review and post them on all of the sites that she does (of which I know of 4 or 5, and there are probably dozens of them.)

Granted, her reviews are basically just summaries that she can snag off of the back of the book, and doesn't really give any critique, but even so. I write reviews, have done hundreds of them on Amazon and another web site, and it takes me a minimum of an hour to write each review - and that doesn't include uploading them. But I suppose that's just me......
Em

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the links on Klausner--very interesting. I am considered a "speed reader" (years of academic work), but I too find it hard to believe that she is really digesting the books she purports to review in the numbers described in these articles.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: