AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Russert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Tim Russert Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of Tim Russert, and I will miss him greatly. Loved watching him on Meet The Press. So very, very sad.....
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so few newscasters these days that I can even tolerate to watch. Tim Russert was one of the few I liked. This is very sad indeed.
sula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad, especially for his wife and son. 58 is far too young. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Trish B

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this knews as I was driving home from school yesterday afternoon and I was stunned. I kept say "Oh My God!" over and over. He will be greatly missed by news junkies and politicos all over the country. I am so very sad for his wife, Maureen and his adored son Luke - and of course his dad, "Big Russ". He was truly a "family man" and a wonderful role model. He had such enthusiasm for his chosen career and a zest for life that one rarely sees these days. Sunday mornings will never be the same.
Lynn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been feeling like I lost a very good friend. I just can't imagine what my Sundays will be like anymore. There are a lot of good newspeople out there, but I just don't think anyone can take his place for me.

Lynn
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally sad, I agree. As an "average American," what I always appreciated about Russert is that he really seemed unbiased. Something that bugs me about 24-hour t.v. news these days is that the newcasters don't really seem like journalists. They always seem to have a bias or an opinion, and journalism should be bias-free. Russert could be a hard interviewer, a real bull-dog, but you also got the sense that he was trying to be fair, to present the facts as honestly as possible. As an American living in today's media culture, I appreciated that.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
Totally sad, I agree. As an "average American," what I always appreciated about Russert is that he really seemed unbiased. Something that bugs me about 24-hour t.v. news these days is that the newcasters don't really seem like journalists. They always seem to have a bias or an opinion, and journalism should be bias-free. Russert could be a hard interviewer, a real bull-dog, but you also got the sense that he was trying to be fair, to present the facts as honestly as possible. As an American living in today's media culture, I appreciated that.

Yes, I was just talking about this last night. Tim Russert could discuss without throwing his opinion in with nast innuendos..politically speaking. I loved his interviews and felt, darn it, safe, watching them. And he seemed like a really, really lovely man. It's a shame. I feel very sorry for his family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: