AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Recs on the oldest son/daughter romance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vellorine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Need Recs on the oldest son/daughter romance Reply with quote

I would love to have some recommendation on the books that have oldest son/daughter's romance. I have read Julia Quinn's The Viscount Who Loved Me, Mary Balogh's Simply Dangerous, and would love to see romances of persons with family responsibility. While I would slightly prefer contemporary oldest daughter romance, the majority of my romance reading is historical. Thank you!
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty Like the Night (older brother) and My False Heart (older sister, not the same family) by Liz Carlyle, and The Duke by Gaelen Foley. I know there are more I've read and liked but nothing else comes to mind right now...
Manda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne Gracie's The Perfect Rake features the eldest of four daughters.

Susan Crandall's A Kiss in Winter features a heroine who raised her younger brother and sister after their parents died.
crisinti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 'After Midnight' by Teresa Medeiros, Adrian & Caroline are both eldest siblings.

(a historical with a paranormal twist) Smile
Vellorine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all suggestions! it seems my summer reading list is already full Very Happy
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Oldest Daughter Reply with quote

Georgette Heyer's Frederica is about the oldest daughter who brings her younger siblings to London to try to get them established. She feels quite responsible for them, to the point of not recognizing her own growing romance. Classic Heyer.
Jane G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa Kleypas' "Mine Till Midnight" heroine isn't the oldest, but her brother is pretty ineffectual and she bears the burden of the family.

"Sugar Daddy," a contemporary also by Kleypas, features a heroine who cares for her infant sister after their mother dies when she's 17 or 18.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo Beverley's Malloren series: Oldest brother, Beowulf, feels very responsible for the health and happiness of his siblings in these Georgian set historicals. I think that the first book is My Lady Notorious and the last is Bey's book, Devilish.

Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: