AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sex and the City - The movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Sex and the City - The movie Reply with quote

So - have many seen this one so far? I saw it last Saturday and loved it. I used to watch the television show and really missed it when it went off.
The movie was just like visiting old friends again. I've seen some reviews where they are complaining about all the women being shallow and so concerned with trivial stuff - but what I always enjoyed about the show and then the movie, was the deep friendship between the four of them. That when one was down, they would all rally around whoever needed it. The kind of long lasting friendship between women is very enjoyable to see.
Caro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: SATC Reply with quote

I loved it, too. Both reviewers and friends who have seen it complained of its length and its fashion fixation (like that was a surprise?), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder if there will be a lot of pressure to do a sequel considering the movie's performance at the box office. If so, I hope Jennifer Hudson isn't in it! I felt that her interaction with Carrie should have been shifted to one of the other three friends.
Kerstin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie too but in retrospect I must say that the film is much more conventional than the series and some of the old, laugh-out-loud funny cheekiness got lost in translation so to speak. The quartett was much more wicked in the series. The movie was probably more realistic though and reflected real life forty or thirty-somethings better than the series did.

SPOILERS SPOILERS

What did you think about Carrie's wedding to Big in the end? I'm really not into classic white weddings and find them somewhat silly and pompous but this wedding in the end seemed like a foul compromise. I mean, Carrie (like 99 % of all women I know) was into the big, pompous thing with that lavish dress and all and in the end she married so modestly that even I as a wedding-in-white hater would have found it too unglamorous and sober an affair. What do I say it wasn't even a compromise, Carrie got the opposite of what she actually wanted. It wasn't a big deal for me in the end but I thought that perhaps the series-Carrie wouldn't have put up with that.

Kerstin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: