AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Chef results

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Top Chef results Reply with quote

I was kind of surprised that they squeezed the entire finale into one hour, but I thought the Top Chef finale was a real nail biter. I think they knew Lisa was not a favorite among watchers, so that she had three out of four good courses allowed them to limit their talk about Stephanie. And Richard really DID choke. Regardless, I thought the best all-round, unshakable chef won...Stephanie. It's a result I'm happy with, and thank goodness a woman finally won! I'll probably write about this more in my blog tomorrow, but what did you all think?
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm VERY happy a woman finally won, and that it was Stephanie. The way the edit was done, I was terrified that Lisa had won....huge relief. Yep, Richard definitely choked. It became obviously really quickly last night that he was not going to win.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to be so, so disgusted if Lisa won. I think that they should make a change to the rules, and that next season, when it comes down to the final three and the final meal, the judges should take into consideration each chef's performance during the entire competition. It was just infuriating to me that Lisa, who had been in the bottom something like 7 times!, could have possibly won the whole thing based on one good meal. No way! Not for a competition like this one.

Anyway, Stephanie won and I was thrilled. I felt bad for Richard, though. He definitely fell apart. I think Tom said it best when he said that sometimes Richard's head is so full of ideas, it stifles him. I can totally see that. And I can also see how the pressure of the final elimination would combine with that other characteristic -- to have too many ideas in his head at once -- and cause him to choke. (That was not a well-written or clear sentence. My brain is foggy this morning, I guess.) I wish him well, though. I hope he doesn't beat himself up too badly, because he seems like an awesome chef and I really enjoyed his laid-back personality.
LLB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: My blog entry...post-dated for tomorrow Reply with quote

Because I'd already written an "important blog entry" for today, when I wrote up my Top Chef blogging, I put tomorrow's date on it so that the "important" one wouldn't get lost beneath it.
Trish B

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
I was going to be so, so disgusted if Lisa won. I think that they should make a change to the rules, and that next season, when it comes down to the final three and the final meal, the judges should take into consideration each chef's performance during the entire competition. It was just infuriating to me that Lisa, who had been in the bottom something like 7 times!, could have possibly won the whole thing based on one good meal. No way! Not for a competition like this one.

Anyway, Stephanie won and I was thrilled. I felt bad for Richard, though. He definitely fell apart.

Niftybergin you have expressed my thoughts exactly! I felt the same about the fact that someone who has performed so badly throughout the competition could not only win, but even made it to/was eligible for the final four - be it Lisa or someone else (Spike). That just seems patently unfair to me. I, too, think they should change some rules. One great meal should not a Top Chef make!

But I am thrilled for Stephanie - what a cool head under pressure! And I am also sad for Richard who despite TC has a great future ahead, I'm sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: