AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solved: Bride of the Wind, Shannon Drake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
januaryroses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Solved: Bride of the Wind, Shannon Drake Reply with quote

**I am 98% sure that this is the book I am looking for. I had some of the details wrong, but most of it fits.**

thanks everyone for your help

I read a book in 1992 (it could be much older b/c I borrowed it from a friend who borrowed it from her mother) and I have been trying to remember the name of forever. I cannot remember character names, the title, or the author. What I do remember is that he is a nobleman who had been accused/convicted of murder and I believe had served on a prison ship??? The hero and heroine fall in love and he goes to the residence of someone and they are dead when he arrives. It is made to look like he committed the murder. He believes that the heroine was involved in setting him up. He meets her at an inn? and the authorties arrive. He runs and ends up in the ocean and is presumed dead. That is basically the first part of the novel. He wakes up as a slave on another ship and begins to plot his revenge against her. He disguises himself as a highway robber and attacks her carriage and forces himself on her. That is all that I can remember. If anyone has any idea what the name of this book is, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been searching for this title for years!!!!! i have been searching since before google, and have done millions of google searches all to no avail.

as i am writing this, i am not sure they are married. i am remembering that he went to see his estranged wife in order to get an annulment/divorce so that he could marry the heroine. and his wife is dead when he arrives. also, i think his name may have been alexander.

Last edited by januaryroses on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
willaful

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second part sounds like Wicked Promise by Kat Martin, but it doesn't fit the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: