AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margaret

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

I won't give away spoilers until eveyone's had a chance to see this final episode, but what a pile of crap! That's the worst piece of television I've ever seen, and certainly the biggest disappointment. Were the writers still p*ssed off about the strike? It was a total betrayal of the characters and the viewers. Perhaps there's a way to turn it around for season 4, but at this point I don't care. Perhaps Pam will open the shower door and see Bobby(Dallas)! I don't see any other way out of it. What the Hedoublehockeysticks was that anyway???? I'm not registered for the Fox boards but whow do I need to rant about this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction wasn't as strong as yours, Margaret, but I will say "Holy unexpected development, Batman!"

Never would have seen that coming, and I agree with you that I'm not sure it makes sense. My only guess is that the actor is leaving and they had to figure out a way to cut the cord.
mehromnce

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

I reacted just as strongly but for a differnent reason.

Possible Spoiler:

I was upset with the abrupt ending of the Gormogan storyline itself. It feels very unfinished and did not live up to conspiracy theories, clues and hints given us when they touched on this story arc in this abbreviated season.

I know the writers were thrown off in the timing for the story arc (from what I’ve read on TV Guide) due to the strike but why couldn’t they continue it next season?

I was also thrown off by how most every character acted, well, out of character, IMO. I felt like I was watching an investigation being handled by amateurs instead of a group of highly intelligent and seasoned squints and FBI agents.

I could go on and on with my comments and numerous questions that were stirred up but not answered but I'll leave it for now.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mehromnce,
I agree with your comments about the storyline. Weird for it to have such an abrupt conclusion, with no explanations.

The first two episodes of next season (season 4) will be filmed in England.
Margaret

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

Quote:
mehromnce wrote:
I reacted just as strongly but for a differnent reason.

I could go on and on with my comments and numerous questions that were stirred up but not answered but I'll leave it for now.

I'm hoping the writers have a cunning plan in store for season 4, but I truly am beginning to think it'll have shades of Pam Ewings dream in Dallas. I can only hope the writers haven't destroyed the entire series with this one episode. I'll have to re-watch the episode (of booth standing up in the tub) to see if he has a scar from his recent shooting. If not, hmm...
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
I'm hoping the writers have a cunning plan in store for season 4, but I truly am beginning to think it'll have shades of Pam Ewings dream in Dallas. I can only hope the writers haven't destroyed the entire series with this one episode. I'll have to re-watch the episode (of booth standing up in the tub) to see if he has a scar from his recent shooting. If not, hmm...

Toward the end of the scene, I saw a small gauze square taped over the spot where he was shot.

I kept waiting all through the episode for whoever was dreaming to wake up. Was it Booth fighting for his life in a drug induced nightmare? Was it Brennan asleep next to his hospital bed? The dialogue and the situations were so surreal that IT MUST HAVE BEEN A DREAM. In addition to the Dallas dream, the last episode of St. Elsewhere indicated that the whole series had been created in the imagination of a doctor's autistic son; also, the end of Newhart (the series in the Vermont inn), ended with Bob waking up beside his The Bob Newhart Show wife, played by Suzanne Pleshette, and describing a dream he had just had about running an inn in Vermont.

Therefore there is ample precedence for the dream theory, isn't there?

Kay
Margaret

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

Quote:

Toward the end of the scene, I saw a small gauze square taped over the spot where he was shot.

You're right...I went back and watched it again for "clues". Didn't come up with anything.

Quote:
I kept waiting all through the episode for whoever was dreaming to wake up. Was it Booth fighting for his life in a drug induced nightmare? Was it Brennan asleep next to his hospital bed? The dialogue and the situations were so surreal that IT MUST HAVE BEEN A DREAM. In addition to the Dallas dream, the last episode of St. Elsewhere indicated that the whole series had been created in the imagination of a doctor's autistic son; also, the end of Newhart (the series in the Vermont inn), ended with Bob waking up beside his The Bob Newhart Show wife, played by Suzanne Pleshette, and describing a dream he had just had about running an inn in Vermont.

Therefore there is ample precedence for the dream theory, isn't there?

Kay
[/quote]

At this point I can't believe I'm hoping for it to be a dream sequence...that's always seemed like a cop out...Dallas style anyway. The others you mentioned above were well done. Esp. Bob Newhart...that was fantastic.

The other possibility is that this is their way of flushing out Gormagon? Like the FBI apparently did with Booth's death (wasn't a fan of that storyline either)...but it would be so much better than doing this to Zac. He is my favourite on that show, and it would just ruin the entire series for me. And I can't believe that Booth wouldn't give Bones the heads up about his fake death. Men Exclamation
mehromnce

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

Quote:

At this point I can't believe I'm hoping for it to be a dream sequence...that's always seemed like a cop out...Dallas style anyway. The others you mentioned above were well done. Esp. Bob Newhart...that was fantastic.

The other possibility is that this is their way of flushing out Gormagon? Like the FBI apparently did with Booth's death (wasn't a fan of that storyline either)...but it would be so much better than doing this to Zac. He is my favourite on that show, and it would just ruin the entire series for me. And I can't believe that Booth wouldn't give Bones the heads up about his fake death. Men Exclamation

It is rather sad that many of us are hoping for a dream sequence or, maybe, somebody's in a coma and we are seeing things through their mind's eye.

Possible spoiler: I've also heard that Zack is going to a mental ward next season so we may get some answers from him. Although, with his short telling of how he became "The Apprentice" I'm not sure he will be able to add anything else.

I hope they come up with a way to give us some answers because I need to find out:

How was “The Apprentice” able to steal all of the canine teeth from the skulls in storage waiting for testing with no one being aware of that happening? As closely as they all work together wouldn’t someone notice he was in this area all the time? Why was there no camera in this area (I know they gave us an explanation but I don’t remember it and no matter what the explanation it is senseless to be without a camera in this area)? Even though there is a backlog and it would take some time to get around to testing all of the skeletons in storage wouldn’t they occasionally work on some of them and notice there were teeth or other parts missing.

How was “The Master” able to waltz into the Smithsonian and steal the Silver Skeleton? I understand that the explosion knocked out the cameras but wouldn’t all the people working there notice a short, squirrelly, strange looking little man scurrying about the place, especially if he’s carrying a silver skeleton.

Wasn't there supposed to be a secret society based on all sorts of conspiracy theories behind Gormogan? Did the society only consist of “The Master and his Apprentice”? If so, that’s a tiny society.

Weren’t the killings going on for some time before the silver skeleton was discovered in the vault (or under the vault – I forget)? If so, why did Gormogan suddenly need an apprentice?

Why did they allow the squints to continue their investigation at the Smithsonian since they were all suspects? I know it's only a TV show but this always bothers me.
Margaret

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bones...Season 3 Finale. WTF!!!! Rant! Reply with quote

Quote:

Possible spoiler: I've also heard that Zack is going to a mental ward next season so we may get some answers from him. Although, with his short telling of how he became "The Apprentice" I'm not sure he will be able to add anything else.

I seems this is the way they are going to go. They will have to show me a VERY intersting/plausible storyline for me to follow into season 4. Of coure it's only a tv show, but it made me very sad they would do this to Zac...I would have preferred they kill him off...at least I'd still have fond memories of the first two seasons.

Quote:
How was “The Apprentice” able to steal all of the canine teeth from the skulls in storage waiting for testing with no one being aware of that happening? As closely as they all work together wouldn’t someone notice he was in this area all the time? Why was there no camera in this area (I know they gave us an explanation but I don’t remember it and no matter what the explanation it is senseless to be without a camera in this area)?

Apparently they didn't video monitor this area, (I think Bones called it in limbo) and it seems very strange that Zac would be willing to tamper with so many unsolved cases. It doesn't ring true to his character.

Quote:
How was “The Master” able to waltz into the Smithsonian and steal the Silver Skeleton? I understand that the explosion knocked out the cameras but wouldn’t all the people working there notice a short, squirrelly, strange looking little man scurrying about the place, especially if he’s carrying a silver skeleton.

I agree. There were just too many foolish senarios we were asked to blindly follow. Cam said a chemical explosion would have priority over any other security...everyone ran to the scene of the explosion. I would think everything would go on automatic lockdown. And I agree who wouldn't notice a dude with all canine teeth carrying a skeleton. I don't care what blew up, someone would have to see something.

Quote:
If so, that’s a tiny society.

Now that's too funny!

Quote:
Weren’t the killings going on for some time before the silver skeleton was discovered in the vault (or under the vault – I forget)? If so, why did Gormogan suddenly need an apprentice?

Gormagan always had an apprentice, but the the 'old' Gormagon retired (remember the old man in the senior's home?) and and his apprentice became this 'new' Gormagon who needed his own apprentice. He had one--who Bones and Booth arrested and he was then found dead in his cell. We are expected to believe that the new Gormagon then approached Zac.

Quote:
Why did they allow the squints to continue their investigation at the Smithsonian since they were all suspects? I know it's only a TV show but this always bothers me.
[/quote]

Another good point...everyone, including Bones should have been removed. Just another sign of the sloppy writing on this episode. Really awful.
LindaC

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Bones Reply with quote

WTF??? This makes no sense. First of all, if Zack was so impressionable, why didn't he make it in the army. He would have hooked up with some strong, gung ho soldier and we would never have seen him again.

Also, I understood that the explosion was used to cover the theft of the skeleton. And that the theft had to be done by someone on inside. But Zack was the one burned. How did he also steal the skeleton?

I also hated the House finale, last years Numbrs finale (even thought they pulled that one out of the fire this season, it still stunk) and Law and Order finales. L&O plots have been truly stupid this year anyway, so the finale didn't come completely from left field. I already expected it to blow.
mehromnce

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones Reply with quote

LindaC wrote:

Also, I understood that the explosion was used to cover the theft of the skeleton. And that the theft had to be done by someone on inside. But Zack was the one burned. How did he also steal the skeleton?

I also hated the House finale, last years Numbrs finale (even thought they pulled that one out of the fire this season, it still stunk) and Law and Order finales. L&O plots have been truly stupid this year anyway, so the finale didn't come completely from left field. I already expected it to blow.

IIRC, the explosion was used to cover the theft of the skeleton but it was Gorgoman (The Master), not Zack, who stole it. I still say that no matter what was going on in the Jeffersonian with the explosion and the cameras being knocked out (aren't they backed up?) someone would have noticed a short, squirrelly, strange looking little man scurrying about the place, especially if he’s carrying a silver skeleton.

I haven't been a fan of House this year so I haven’t watched much this season. I'll be honest and say I've grown tired of the premise. If he's the best doctor they have why he continually misdiagnoses every patient to the point of virtually killing them, until, he is able to put it all together in the last few minutes of the show to save them (usually) puzzles me. I always wonder how he keeps his job. And why there aren’t a ton of malpractice suits filed against him.

But I did watch the 2nd hour of the season finale and found it, IMO, to be the best finale, so far, this season. Watching House desperately try to remember details of the bus accident and his interactions that night despite his injuries in order to help his patient was riveting.

And, Kudos, to whoever decided the patient should be Amber, a woman he hates, but Wilson, his BFF, loves. Seeing House struggle with Wilson’s pain added a dimension to his character that we’ve never witnessed before. Usually, we only see his contempt for his patients and their families along with the knowledge that he doesn’t really care for any of them.

But in this instance House puts himself on the line by allowing his team to perform procedures on him to trigger his memories in order to help his patient. He allowed Wilson (a family member) a say in her treatment against his better judgment. He allowed himself to feel emotions such as failure and frustration when he couldn’t remember details in time to make a difference in Amber’s treatment. And to see his perceived failure play out with Amber’s death was powerful.

The acting from Hugh Laurie, Robert Sean Leonard and Anne Dudek was exceptional, the writing was above par and the storyline was moving and made me cry. I also liked that they still had some trademark funny scenes and lines without sacrificing the drama.

Law & Order SVU’s finale was a disappointment just like the rest of the season. Even before the strike the writing was bad, the acting was bad, characters were misused, under used or used poorly and the storylines were murky at best IMO. And it only got worse after the strike.

I’ve never really been sure why they added Chester Lake (Adam Beach) to the squad since the character was under utilized and poorly developed. They teased us with information about him that never really went anywhere (i.e.: the fact that he used to be in UFC type fights – I was never really sure when he had the time to do this since he supposedly never sleeps and prowls the streets fighting crime all day).

I knew Adam Beach was leaving the show but this disaster of an episode was a crappy exit for him. To make him a cop killer was absurd!!!!

And, WTF was up with Diane Neal’s character, Casey. Did she really think no one would catch her when she lied about the DNA evidence? Did she really think everyone from the lab to the witnesses should lie to back her up? Her surprise when she was not only called on her behavior but told she was going up before the bar and would be sanctioned for it was laughable?

And Fin putting in for a transfer? I understood why he did it but I did not see it coming since I never heard anything about Ice-T leaving the show.

I won’t even go into how I feel about Olivia and Elliott and their behavior, Suffice to say that if I do tune in next season I hope they make some major changes in their characters.

I will have to catch the finale of Law & Order (the original) in reruns. I wasn’t feeling well that night and didn’t even realize it was a new episode much less the finale so I missed most of it. I did feel it was fresh with how they took a ripped from the headlines story with the governor and twisted it so he stayed in office and on top of the food chain.

I never get to see Numbers since it is up against Battlestar Galactica. Maybe I'll catch it when it repeats. I can't wait for the 2-hour finale of Battlestar.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big shocker finale was for Criminal Minds. The team has gone to some city to assist with a serial killing. They deduce that they're dealing with a TEAM of killers who follow essentially the same MO, but they're all different people. Also, they seem to know where the team is going to be. So the final scene has all the main characters going to get in the their vehicles -- all separate cars. They did a split-screen thing showing everyone getting into their own automobile. And then there's a big explosion. But we don't know WHO got blown up...whose car exploded.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have to say that I've been catching up on all the early season-3 episodes -- which I missed the first time around -- and in them I'm seeing LOTS of foreshadowing or hints of Zach's preoccupation or collusion with Gormagon. It was jarring in the season finale and seemd like a bit WTF!?!?! But now that I've seen some of the earlier episodes from this season, it seems more thought out. You can tell that the writers were going in this direction all along, that they'd had this planned from the beginning of the season. I guess that with the writers' strike and all that, so much time had elapsed between the first few episodes of season 3 and the finale that people had forgotten that all the clues were there.
Margaret

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Niftybergin"]Okay, I have to say that I've been catching up on all the early season-3 episodes -- which I missed the first time around -- and in them I'm seeing LOTS of foreshadowing or hints of Zach's preoccupation or collusion with Gormagon. It was jarring in the season finale and seemd like a bit WTF!?!?!

I haven't wanted to watch re-runs, and I still think it was a poor decision...even if it was thought out. Zach was a logical thinker...yes...but not a killer. I will never be convinced that that Zach's faulty reasoning is what made him a killer. And he wasn't a widow's son which is part of the Gormagon methodology.

Quote:

But now that I've seen some of the earlier episodes from this season, it seems more thought out. You can tell that the writers were going in this direction all along, that they'd had this planned from the beginning of the season. I guess that with the writers' strike and all that, so much time had elapsed between the first few episodes of season 3 and the finale that people had forgotten that all the clues were there.
[/quote]

It would be interesting to see the season in hindsight, to see the flow of the season. Anything I've read is that they played around with who the killer would be and finally settled on Zach part way thru.

Bones was one of the few shows I watched so I'll be looking for a re-placement. I also stopped watching Law and Order when they fired Chris Noth.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
I also stopped watching Law and Order when they fired Chris Noth.

Have you been watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent? A new episode will be on Sun at 9:00 on USA; Chris Noth as Mike Logan and his partner Weaver will be the featured detectives.
Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: