AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Here, Need Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra03

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: New Here, Need Help! Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to this community and I need help with finding a book. I can't remember the title or the author, but I do remember some of the plot and what the cover looks like. It was probably published in the early 80's. I read this book in the late 1980's when I was living in Toronto, Canada. It was about a woman who lived in South Africa, but she was Irish and her husband was South African Dutch and they have a farm. I don't remember her name but I think her husband's last name was Van Reebeck. I'm not sure if that is spelled right. I think he is either her second or third husband. She had eight or nine children and I think her oldest son lived in Europe. One of her younger sons is having an affair with a maid named Fatima, which this woman is not happy about. There is something in this story about the Irish Potato Famine, which might have been the reason she moved to South Africa. She also witnesses an African boy being whipped and steps in to save him. She takes him with her to her home. She also has some problems with one of her daughters, and she has some problem with her husband towards the middle of the story but I can't remember if they resolved it. It is a paperback and it has a woman on the cover, she has red hair and I think she is holding a rifle, I cant' remember the color of her dress. I also think there is a man standing behind her. The color of the cover is either orange or yellow with some red on it. I can't remember much more about it. If there is anyone here that could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
PatW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandra03 Welcome to AAR

I suggest you edit your post and change the subject to llooking for title - book set in S. Africa or something similar; I think a lot more folks will look at it then.

Sorry but the book rings no bells at all for me....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: