| |

Romance Author Booksignings: August and Beyond

This month while looking for author booksignings I noticed that a number of authors are going to appear at book festivals around the country over the next few months. I became intrigued and starting searching for book festivals, as well as single-author signings, over the next few months. While many of the book festivals I checked out seem to mainly feature literary authors (not that there’s anything wrong with that), a few also have one or more romance authors, as well as many popular mystery authors.  A quick search revealed the following festivals over the next few months:

I would love to attend the Baltimore Book Festival from September 28-30. The Maryland Romance Writers group appears to have a strong presence at the event. I’ve personally attended two of the upcoming festivals in the past – the Texas Book Festival and the Kerrytown BookFest – and hope to attend more book festivals in the future.  How about you? Have you attended any recent book festivals? Do you know of any I’ve missed?

In addition to book festivals I’ve found a number of events around the country that AAR readers may be interested in. But, as always, I could use your help. Do you know of any authors who are coming to your home town? If so, please let us know about it. If you know of any events that we missed between now and mid-September, please post them in the comments section. If you know of any events occurring after mid-September, please send them to us at aarbooksign  AT gmail.com and we’ll add them to our mid-September post.

Disclaimer: I found these signings by extensive searches of both author and bookseller Web sites. They all appear to be free, but please contact the bookstore before you attend an event for additional information. And please let us know if you do attend a booksigning, and how you liked it. A few of the authors on the list aren’t strictly romance authors, but have either been reviewed at AAR in the past, or have appeared in AAR forum discussions.

Upcoming Booksignings: August and Beyond

Tasha Alexander and Andrew Grant, August 24, Mackinac Island Public Library, Mackinac Island, MI.

Debbie Maccomber, August 25, Schuler Books, 1:00 p.m., 3165 Alpine Ave,  Walker, MI (other events at the author’s Web site including Naperville, IL, Edina, MN, and Brentwood, TN).

Terri Brisbin, August 27, Barnes & Noble, 6:30 p.m., Concord Mall, 4801Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE (other events at the author’s Web site).

Kathy Reichs, August 30, Barnes & Noble, 7:00 p.m., 11025 Carolina Place, Pineville, NC (other events at the Barnes & Noble Web site).

Emily Giffin, August 30, Indigo Manulife Centre, 7:00 p.m., 55 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Canada.

AJC Decatur Book Festival (Mary Kay Andrews, Meg Cabot, Chelsea Cain, and many more), August 31-September 2, Decatur, GA.

Kelly Armstrong, September 1, Indigo Coles Limeridge Mall, 2:00 p.m., 999 Upper Wentworth Street, Hamilton, Ontario.

Louise Penny, September 3, The Poisoned Pen, 5:00 p.m., 4014 N Goldwater Blvd STE 101, Scottsdale, AZ (other signings at the author’s Web site including Cincinnati, OH, Denver, CO, and Atlanta, GA).

Jayne Castle, September 4, Seattle Mystery Bookshop, 12:00 p.m., 117 Cherry St. Seattle, WA.

Laura Florand, September 5, The Regulator Bookshop, 7:00 p.m., 720 Ninth St., Durham, NC.

Laurie King, September 6, BookShop West Portal, 7:00 p.m., 80 West Portal Avenue, San Francisco, CA.

Eloisa James, September 8, Barnes & Noble, 2:00 p.m., Galleria Shopping Center, 3225 W 69th, Edina, MN.

Susan Wittig Albert, September 8, Murder By The Book, 1:00 p.m., 2342 Bissonnet Houston, TX.

Kerrytown BookFest (Bryan Gruley, Julia Keller, Julie Kramer, P.J. Parish, and many more) September 9th, Farmer’s Market, 11-5, Ann Arbor, MI.

Jane Porter, September 9, Barnes & Noble, 2:00 p.m., Villagio Retail Center, 7849 North Blackstone  Avenue, Fresno, CA.

Nora Roberts, Maya Banks, Eloisa James, Lora Leigh, Victoria Roberts, and Erica Robuck, September 12, Turn The Page Bookstore, 12:00 p.m., 18 N. Main St., Boonsboro, MD.

Sophie Jordan and Tera Lyn Childs, September 17,  Katy Budget Books, 6:00 p.m., 2450 Fry Rd, Houston, TX.

Diana Love, September 18, Bob Kirby Branch Library, 6:00 p.m., 175 Iron Skillet Court, Bowling Green, KY.

Baltimore Book Festival (the Maryland Romance Writers Stage features a host of authors including Catherine Asaro, Christi Barth, Stephanie Draven, Megan Hart, and Janet Mullany) , September 28-30, Mount Vernon Place, 600 North Charles St. Baltimore, MD.

J.R. Ward, September 29, Barnes & Noble, 2:00 p.m., Sycamore Plaza at Kenwood, 7800 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH.

Aunt Agatha’s 20th Birthday Celebration (Rhys Bowen, Louise Penny, Julia Spencer-Flemming and many more), October 3, Aunt Agatha’s Bookstore, 4-7pm, 213 South Fourth Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI.

Kresley Cole, October 3, Garden District Book Shop, 5:30 p.m.,    2727 Prytania Street,  New Orleans, LA.

Jasper Fforde, October 11, Barnes & Noble, 7:00 p.m., Galleria Shopping Center, 3225 W 69th, Edina, MN.

Charlaine Harris, October 13, West Virginia Book Festival, 2:30 p.m., Charleston Civic Center, Charleston, WV.

– LinnieGayl AAR

Subscribe
Notify of

5 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments