AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions on Stephanie Laurens?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schola

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be just like me to be influenced by the pathetic fallacy! Embarassed

Well, I can be a good sport about this (and yeah, it's turning out to be more fun than I expected Razz ), so I'll try A Rake's Vow again next. Vane always seemed one of the "brighter" (here meaning "less serious") ones, but for some reason I remember the setting as dim indoors and gloomy outdoors.
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that others haven't said this many times before me, but I recently tried to read her Cynster series in order, and my God I wanted to throw her books out the window by the 3rd or 4th one. I'd read a couple of them before, but reading them in order just reinforced for me how much she recycles her plots and descriptions to death. Even books with features I should like, such as A Secret Love (I like when the hero/heroine are already acquainted or friends or when one of them has secretly liked the other for years), but I hate plot devices with disguises, so even that one kinda sucks. So, basically, I'm not liking Stephanie Laurens anymore.
sanalayla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been able to sit through even one SL book. I've tried 3 of them... and not even one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: