| |

Romance Author Booksignings: January and Beyond

During the past month, things were a bit sparse for author book signings. I did manage to go to one book signing for two mystery authors in December. It was an interesting pairing of authors. One – William Whitbeck – is a debut author who is also a judge. The other, is the multi-published, immensely successful Loren Estleman. I’ll have to admit that I haven’t read either of them, and went to the event more to learn a bit about the writing process than out of a deep interest in their books.

However, they were so entertaining, and made their books sound so intriguing, that I actually picked up a copy of To Account for Murder. I figured Mr. Estleman doesn’t need my support, so will eventually check out a copy of one of his early books from the library.

In the upcoming months, it looks like there are going to be a large number of romance author book signings around the country. I’ve tried to list as many as I could find believe, but as always, could use your help. Do you know of any authors who are coming to your home town? If so, please let us know about it. If you know of any events that we missed between now and mid-February, please post them in the comments section. If you know of any events occurring after mid-February, please send them to us at aarbooksign  AT gmail.com and we’ll add them to our mid-February post.

Disclaimer: I found these signings by extensive searches of both author and bookseller Web sites. They all appear to be free, but please contact the bookstore before you attend an event for additional information. And please let us know if you do attend a book signing, and how you liked it. A few of the authors on the list aren’t strictly romance authors, but have either been reviewed at AAR in the past, or have appeared in AAR forum discussions.

Upcoming Book Signings through late March, 2011:

Susan Elizabeth Phillips, January 20, Hardesty Regional Library, 7:00 p.m., Connor’s Cove Children’s Theater, 8316 E. 93rd St. Tulsa, OK 74133 (other January and February events on the author’s site including St. Louis, MO, Rancho Mirage and Mission Viejo, CA,   Merritt Island, FL, and Naperville, IL. The author sent out a Facebook notice that the location on her site is incorrect for the Tulsa signing and that the one listed here is correct).

Karen Marie Moning, January 20, Decatur Library, 7:15 p.m., Georgia Center for the Book, 215 Sycamore Street Decatur, Georgia.

P.C. Cast, January 20, Waterstone’s Glasgow, 6:30 p.m., 153-157 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland.

Jami Attenberg, January 21, Tribeca Barnes & Noble, 7:00 p.m., 97 Warren Street, New York, NY (other January and February events on the author’s site including Bethesda, MD, Wheeling and Mount Prospect, IL and Portsmouth, NH).

Juliette Fay, January 26, Books & Company, 7:00 p.m., Dayton, OH (other January and February events on the author’s website including Hudson, OH, Southern Pines, NC, and Wayland, MA).

Lauren Willig, January 26, Borders, 7:30 p.m., 5871 Crossroads Center Way, Baileys Crossroads, VA (other January and February events on the author’s site including Manhattan, NY, New Haven, CT, and Scottsdale, AZ).

Joss Ware, January 28, Schuler Books, 7:00 p.m., 1982 Grand River, Okemos, MI.

Janet Chapman, January 29, Borders, 3:00 p.m., 116 Bangor Mall Blvd. Bangor, Maine.

Susan Wiggs, January 30, Eagle Harbor Book Company, 3:00 p.m., 157 Winslow Way East, Bainbridge Island, WA.

Victoria Alexander, January 29, The Bookworm, 1:00 p.m.,  8702 Pacific Street, Omaha, NE.

Kristin Hannah, February 3, Third Place Books, 7:00 p.m., 17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest, Park, WA (other February signings on the author’s Web site including Seattle, WA, Beaverton, OR, Wilmette and Naperville, IL, Atlanta, GA, and Ann Arbor, MI).

Anjali Banerjee, February 4, Liberty Bay Books, 6:30 p.m., 18881 D Front Street, Poulsbo, WA.

Kimberly Frost, February 5, Murder by the Book, 4:30 p.m., 2342 Bissonnet St., Houston, TX.

Alice Hoffman, February 9, The Regulator Bookshop, 7:00 p.m., 720 9th St., Durham, NC.

C.W. Gortner, February 10, Bookshop West Portal, 7:00 p.m., 80 W. Portal Ave., San Francisco, CA.

Kayla Perrin, February 11, Barnes & Noble, 7:00 p.m., Boulevard Consumer Sq., 1565 Niagara Falls Blvd Suite 300, Amherst, NY.

Gwyn Cready, February 12,Bridgeville Public Library, 1:00 p.m.,  441 Station Street, Bridgeville, PA.

Marianne Morea, February 12, Barnes & Noble, TBA 3089 E Main Street, Mohegan Lake, NY.

Robyn Carr, February 13, Barnes & Noble, 2:00 p.m., Bella Terra, 7881 Edinger Ave. #110, Huntington Beach, CA

Judy Duarte, Helen Kay Dimon, and Georgie Lee, February 13, Barnes & Noble, TBA, 2615 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA.

Deborah Harkness, February 14, Octavia Books, 6:00 p.m.,  513 Octavia Street, New Orleans, LA. (Other signings on the author’s website including Coral Gables, FL, New York, NY, and Brookline, MA).

Laurie R. King, February 15, Central Park Library, 7:30 p.m., 2635 Homestead Road, Santa Clara, CA.

Lenore Hart, February 19, Savannah Book Festival, 3:30 p.m., Telfair Square in the Sculpture Gallery, Savannah, GA.

Kim Harrison, February 23, Borders, 7:00 p.m., 3140 Lohr Road, Ann Arbor, MI. (other signings on the author’s site including Lansing, MI, Dayton and Cincinnati, OH, Des Moines, IA, and Tulsa, OK).

Elizabeth Hoyt, February 27, Champaign Public Library, TBA, Champaign, IL.

Patricia Briggs, March 3, Borders, 7:30 p.m., Baileys Crossroads – Borders, 5871 Crossroads Center Way, Baileys Crossroads, VA (also one in Oakbrook on March 2).

Jodi Picoult, March 8, Anderson’s Bookshop, TBA, Naperville, IL.

Jacqueline Winspear, March 21, The Poisoned Pen, 7:00 p.m., 4014 N Goldwater Blvd, Suite 101, Scottsdale, AZ.

Suzanne Brockmann, March 22, Barnes & Noble, 7:00 p.m., 4010 S. Tamiami Tr, Sarasota, FL.

– LinnieGayl AAR

Subscribe
Notify of

9 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments