AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Line, Last Line- Wanna participate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFL

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First line: It happened exactly one hundred days after I married Andy, almost to the minute of our half-past-three-o'clock ceremony.

Last line: Instead, I hold that day deep within myself, as a reminder that love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together.

Book: Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin
xina

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFL wrote:
First line: It happened exactly one hundred days after I married Andy, almost to the minute of our half-past-three-o'clock ceremony.

Last line: Instead, I hold that day deep within myself, as a reminder that love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together.

Book: Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

Oh, I was going to post this one too, but I thought the last line was quite a spoiler, but now that I look at my book, it would be the last 2 lines.
LFL

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I debated with myself aobut how much to post of the ending and decided that the last sentence was less of a spoiler than the whole final paragraph.

Did you enjoy the book, xina? I did.
xina

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFL wrote:
Yeah, I debated with myself aobut how much to post of the ending and decided that the last sentence was less of a spoiler than the whole final paragraph.

Did you enjoy the book, xina? I did.

I've only just started it LFL. I am a little sad that I looked at the last lines when I was going to post about 1st and last lines (last week before I'd started the book) because it was a spoiler. You just never know how her books will end being that she's not a romance writer, but I'm enjoying it anyway. I have pretty much loved all her books and I'm happy to see that her book is #2 on the NYT bestseller list under hardcover fiction.
panthercrawl

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn

First line: In every life there is a turning point

Last line: Thank you Michael, for letting my son love her first

Hope I got it right. That is one of my all time favorite last lines.
Sylv

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First line: The small launch chugged up the fast-moving river at a pace that allowed the group of travelers to see the surrounding forest.

Last line: The lair protects the safety of our mated pairs so that the circle of life continues and the lair grows ever stronger..."

Book: Wild Rain by Christine Feehan
LFL

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
I've only just started it LFL. I am a little sad that I looked at the last lines when I was going to post about 1st and last lines (last week before I'd started the book) because it was a spoiler. You just never know how her books will end being that she's not a romance writer, but I'm enjoying it anyway. I have pretty much loved all her books and I'm happy to see that her book is #2 on the NYT bestseller list under hardcover fiction.

I almost peeked at the end when I started reading so that I could post the last line here too. But then I decided not to. However, when I got halfway though the suspense of not knowing who Ellen would choose got to me, and I read the last few pages! I still enjoyed the book though, so hopefully you wil too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: