AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twlight Movie Teasers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terese

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda nervous about this movie. The only movie I've seen that actually follows the book is The Princess Bride. Fingers crossed.

The young fellow they chose to play Edward will be pretty good, I think. But the youngster they picked for Jacob is a bit of a disappointment. He's too young and pretty for Jacob. I see jacob as lean, raw boned and rugged, not pretty. What does anyone else think?
Cyl

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terese wrote:
I'm kinda nervous about this movie. The only movie I've seen that actually follows the book is The Princess Bride. Fingers crossed.

The young fellow they chose to play Edward will be pretty good, I think. But the youngster they picked for Jacob is a bit of a disappointment. He's too young and pretty for Jacob. I see jacob as lean, raw boned and rugged, not pretty. What does anyone else think?

I'm looking forward to the movie. I haven't seen the actor yet, but from your description he is probably a good choice since Jacob is only 15 in Twilight (so I don't think he'll bother me).

I just pulled out my book and Jacob is described as still having a "hint of childish roundness left around his chin. Altogether, a very pretty face." (I started a re-read today Wink ).

I don't have New Moon or Eclipse at hand, but I think your visual image might apply to the Jacob in those books.

Have you read the new ATBF? The first part is about Twilight and there are some interesting comments on that forum.
Cyl

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who is interested, Entertainment Weekly will post a sneak preview of Breaking Dawn Friday May 30. You can get the link and more info at http://stepheniemeyer.com/ .
Terese

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cyl"]
Terese wrote:

I just pulled out my book and Jacob is described as still having a "hint of childish roundness left around his chin. Altogether, a very pretty face." (I started a re-read today Wink ).

Well, Cyl, you're absolutely right about Jacob being described as having a very pretty face. Funny. I see him as attractive in a rugged way, not pretty. So I guess the actor they chose to play Jacob is right. I can't wait to see the movie. I just hope they don't butcher it.
Jane G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the actor playing Jacob is accurate for Twilight, but I'm hesitant about whether he'll look old enough for New Moon and Eclipse, if those sequels come to fruition. Once he transforms, he's physically about the age of 25, he says... Taylor Lautner (I think that's his name) is very much a 16 year old boy, at least in appearance. ANd I don't htink he's that much older in real life.

What did you think of the scene? I'm pretty excited. My computer doesn't stream internet videos that well so it was hard to get the full idea, but I think it looks good... all the actors seem to know what they're doing Smile And I like the special effects... they're relatively low-tech, as it's actually the actors doing them and not CGI, but I like it.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1588451&vid=237340
katiebabs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit after seeing the trailer, I was like "eh". Maybe as the release date comes closer, we will have more intense trailers. But one good thing is the Stephenie Meyer was on the sets and had input, just like JK Rowling did on Harry Potter.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Breaking Dawn teaser!

I thought Jacob looked pretty good but my daughter said he doesn't look like the Jacob she had in her mind. That often happens to me when I've read a book before the movie. She thought 'her' Jacob would be more muscular however since the movie is Twilight and if it's based on only that first book where Jacob hasn't made the change then I think it's a good fit.

I'm going to go into it expecting the worst and hoping for the best! Wink

Linda
Cyl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the scene, but I will like it even more when it has a movie to go with it Wink

I'm getting anxious over Breaking Dawn now. I am an Edward fan, but I'm starting to think Bella and Edward will not end up together. Bella loves star-crossed lovers (Romeo & Juliet, Wuthering Heights) and I worry this is foreshadowing by Ms. Meyer. But, I don't necessarily think she will end up w/Jacob. I think Jacob will imprint w/someone else.
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Twilight series Reply with quote

Cyl wrote:
I liked the scene, but I will like it even more when it has a movie to go with it Wink

I'm getting anxious over Breaking Dawn now. I am an Edward fan, but I'm starting to think Bella and Edward will not end up together. Bella loves star-crossed lovers (Romeo & Juliet, Wuthering Heights) and I worry this is foreshadowing by Ms. Meyer. But, I don't necessarily think she will end up w/Jacob. I think Jacob will imprint w/someone else.

I don't think there's any doubt that Bella will end up with Edward. The only question in my mind is how long she'll get to live as a human before she's turned. I am curious about the fact that she seems to have special powers -- I'm interested in how Meyer explains them and what function they will serve.

As for Jacob, I totally agree. I think the whole concept of imprinting was brought up in the 3rd book just so we could see the difference between what he feels for Bella, intense as it is, with what he feels when he finds the girl he imprints on. In an odd way I'd think imprinting would almost be less intense because it's so unquestioning, whereas there's so much extreme emotion when the outcome is not clear.
Jane G

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Edward and Bella will end up together. I don't think there's any other option, when she's brought them thus far together. And I also really hope Jacob will imprint in BD... as much as I am fully on "Team Edward," I want Jacob to have a happy ending too. I also wasn't sure if she WOULD turn in the end... maybe she pulls an ace out of her sleeve and somehow makes Edward *human*... but with the preface and back cover quote that were released with the Special Edition of Eclipse, I am leaning toward her actually turning.

Regarding her powers... one theory I think is interesting is that with Bella's aversion to human blood as a, well, human, that will intensify as a vampire and she won't have that struggle... she'll just settle into that "vegetarian" lifestyle. I like that idea, because Bella as a thirsty newborn isn't that attractive or much of a HEA lol
Cyl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never doubted Bella and Edward would be together, until I re-read Eclipse and panicked Laughing

Since Ms. Meyer has not ruled out the possibility of revisiting the Twilight Universe, I don't really expect Jacob to imprint in Breaking Dawn, but it would be nice. I was looking for something on Stephenie Meyer's website and found this bit about the development of Jacob's character. If you have not read this before, you might find it interesting http://stepheniemeyer.com/nm_thestory.html

Regarding Bella's change: I agree that Bella's ability to smell human blood is going to affect the way she adapts to the change. I can just hear Bella now: "Human blood? Drink it?? Ewww!" I think the fact that other vampire's mental abilities don't affect Bella will definitely be connected to any special ability she gains.

I went ahead and pre-paid for my copy of Breaking Dawn this evening. My local bookstore's theme for the midnight release party is for people to come dressed for The Prom. I think I'll pass on the costume part of the evening Wink
Lynda X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the assumption that Bella has not been imprinted on Jacob. I thought she was, so why do you think she hasn't?

I think the series will end when the vampires and the werewolves join in a kind of Armeggadom and Jacob and Edward fight together to save Bella, with one dying.
Jane G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephenie Meyer said, at some point, that Jacob didn't imprint on Bella. There's one part in Eclipse when apparently he tries, though imprinting happens at first glance (after transformation)... so if he had imprinted on Bella, it would have happened before she knew what he was, during the scene when he blows her off in New Moon. Meyer said that if he had imprinted, he never could have done that.

I really, really hope neither Jacob nor Edward die. And honestly, I can't picture Stephenie Meyer killing either of them. Or any of the Cullens or werewolves, really. I would be really surprised if she did.

There's a lot of information at www.twilightlexiconblog.com, if you haven't visited. They post news about the movie and book several times a day, and there are 12 or more pages of personal correspondance with Stephenie Meyer that really explain a lot about the characters, the plot, etc.
Cyl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the Lexicon. It was very interesting to get so much input straight from the author herself.

I don't think any of the Cullens or Jacob will die. Since Ms Meyer has not ruled out the possiblity of other books set in the Twilight universe, I kind of have the feeling these books could feature Jacob and/or his packmates. I think a book from SAM's pov would be interesting - maybe the story of his first change and imprinting on a woman other than the one he was in love with.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyl wrote:
Thanks for the info on the Lexicon. It was very interesting to get so much input straight from the author herself.

I don't think any of the Cullens or Jacob will die. Since Ms Meyer has not ruled out the possiblity of other books set in the Twilight universe, I kind of have the feeling these books could feature Jacob and/or his packmates. I think a book from SAM's pov would be interesting - maybe the story of his first change and imprinting on a woman other than the one he was in love with.

Cyl, I like this! While I think it's obvious (to me anyway) that Bella and Edward will end up together another set of stories featuring Jacob and his packmates would be great.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: