| |

And it's Cyber Monday!

And, it’s Cyber Monday! I tend to do my holiday shopping all throughout the year, so I’ve never been a Black Friday shopper, but sometimes Cyber Monday sucks me in. I do spend a lot of time on the computer after all….

I like my Kindle and I’m not looking to replace it. However, I know my brother wants one, and the Paperwhite is already backordered to December 21, so it looks like I’m not the only one on the hunt. And if you’ve been looking for a Kindle Fire, they’re just a little bit cheaper today.

If you’re looking for anything else on Amazon, the company got an early start on Cyber Monday yesterday, and they have specials in all departments already going. For the truly fanatical, you can follow the Twitter feed and get alerted to all of their limited-time Lightning Deals.

Personally, I think I might take a break from my last bits of shopping and wrapping, and pay a little more attention to areas like the eBook deals. Open Road Media has all of their items marked at 80% off today, and you can pick them up at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and a variety of other retailers. Among many others on sale, I noticed that Lily by Patricia Gaffney is $1.99. It’s one of the few romances by Gaffney that I’ve never read, so I think that’s going into the TBR. If you like the books of Heather Graham or Andrea Kane, there are also plenty of those on sale for $1.99 this Cyber Monday. Among many others, you can find Kane’s The Theft, which got a good rating here – or you could see if disliked The Gold Coin as much our reviewer did. You can also try The Siren by Tiffany Reisz(way better than Fifty Shades, in my opinion) for $2.51.

If you prefer the Nook, it looks like Barnes & Noble is offering Cyber Monday deals, too. Most of their deals center on Nook accessories rather than the Nook itself, but you can get a B&N gift card with your Nook purchase. The book deals aren’t quite as extensive as I’ve seen elsewhere, but B&N does have a lot of the same eBook deals that can be found at Amazon and other sites.

In the eBook arena, All Romance eBooks is offering a 50% rebate in the form of store credit(and they have a huge selection!), and Samhain Publishing has Cyber Monday discounts running today, too. Samhain’s early bird discount of 50% expires at 8:59 am, but if you didn’t make it online in time, you can still get 40% off your order.

And you just want to read a regular, paper book, you’ve got some sales there, too. Amazon has a number of books marked down as of today, including at least one installment of Lauren Willig’s Pink Carnation series, which is a popular one around here. And the grey boxed set of a certain famous (or infamous) trilogy is 40% off.

I checked some of the publisher’s websites, but didn’t see too many Cyber Monday specials as of 7:00 am, other than the one at Samhain which I already mentioned. I have to admit that this surprised me, particularly since so many publishers have been actively creating online communities and reaching out to their audiences online in recent years.

It’s always a good day to shop for books, and here’s hoping today is an even better Monday for booklovers than usual!

– Lynn Spencer

Subscribe
Notify of

3 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments