AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obsessions! (Or temporary insanities)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole wrote:
Knitting. I knit a lot. I have like six unfinished projects and I'm always looking for cheap yarn.

Thrift stores. I furnished my whole apartment for $300 and it doesn't look bad either.

Books. Yeah I spend most of my leisure time, reading or looking for my next one.

I LOVE guitar hero. I can do scissor kicks with out missing a note.

I used to be pretty crazy about the old school super Nintendo games. I still play with them every now and then. Tetris. I can do it for hours.

I loved Tetris too. A fanatic! cheri
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DH said it wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention my lifelong obsession with old cars. I have a picture of my Dad when he was young sitting on his white Thunderbird and I became obsessed after that. I bought a 1971 (my birth year) Buick Skylark 2 years ago for my bday. The best $ I ever spent. I love her and even if I don't drive her alot I still don't regret getting her. My husband owns a 1972 Olds Cutlass convertible and we own a 1965 Mustang that is in the middle of a restoration. cheri
katiebabs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I am admitting this, but I have become so addicted to Go-gurt, those tubes of yogurt for kids? Well I love the blueberry and strawberry so I put them in the freezer and they are like an ice pop. Given the chance I would eat the whole box!
Embarassed
georgie Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Knitting. I knit a lot. I have like six unfinished projects and I'm always looking for cheap yarn.

Thrift stores. I furnished my whole apartment for $300 and it doesn't look bad either.

Books. Yeah I spend most of my leisure time, reading or looking for my next one.

I LOVE guitar hero. I can do scissor kicks with out missing a note.

I used to be pretty crazy about the old school super Nintendo games. I still play with them every now and then. Tetris. I can do it for hours.

I loved Tetris too. A fanatic! cheri

Tetris is addictive. I had a Gameboy about fifteen years ago and I got blisters on my thumb from playing Tetris.
www.georgie-lee.com
lijakaca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get 'mini-obsessed' with things on a regular basis...I see something I like, dive right in until I find all I can about it, then gradually work myself out of it.

This summer it was CSI: Las Vegas - watched 4 hours straight a DAY - I hadn't watched it at all before, so I think I've seen about 70% of the whole show now Smile

When I was in high school I had a mini-obsession with Mortal Kombat Embarassed Adored the movie, loved the game, staked out the CD store to get the soundtrack.

I also have several ongoing hobbies that are like obsessions when I first get into them but after a while, don't take too much time:
Early University - anime, I watched so much of the stuff, and at the time there really wasn't much good out there. I don't really watch it anymore though, it takes up too much time.

Late university - shoujo manga when I went to Japan for university, I bought hundreds of volumes. I still read it regularly but no more than other reading.

Now - videogames, especially otome games. I always enjoyed games but didn't let myself buy many until recently. Now that I have a steady job and own a condo, I figure I can do what I like with my disposable income.

My god, I'm such a geek Laughing
georgie Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lijakaca wrote:
When I was in high school I had a mini-obsession with Mortal Kombat Embarassed Adored the movie, loved the game, staked out the CD store to get the soundtrack.
Now - videogames, especially otome games. I always enjoyed games but didn't let myself buy many until recently. Now that I have a steady job and own a condo, I figure I can do what I like with my disposable income.

My god, I'm such a geek Laughing

I had a mini-obsession with Mortal Kombat in college. The movie was so bad it was good (especially after a couple of margaritas) and I loved playing the game. My husband and I still joke about using the decapitation move when we are mad.
www.georgie-lee.com
friday63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suffering from a major "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder obsession. I can't stop listening to it. I'm just so touched by it.

Also I'm nuts about my new Centro and getting some really geeky must have applications for making life easier.

Reading all of Georgette Heyer's books. I've read 11 so far.

Reading in general.

I'm also addicted to list making, my lists have purpose, they never really fullfill it but they have one. I make lists about the books I've read, the books I've read, the books I've left unfinished, and the books that are current wips. The perfumes I've worn, the shoe brands I like, healthy dog food brands, favorite movies and shows, ... they somehow give me a sense of accomplishment.
kris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current obsession is The Dresden series by Jim Butcher. I went and bought 5 of the books yesterday. I love it when I find an established series with lots of books to it so I don't have to wait. Exclamation
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Books... always books. I'm working my way through Alexander McCall Smith's 'Precious Romotswe' series right now, and M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series.

Collectibles... yikes! Old Pyrex and Melmac dishes (okay, I'm weird).

Music... Amy Winehouse, right now. Listening and then looking up lyrics to try to figure them out. That girl is seriously talented and seriously screwed up.

Past obsessions? A really weird list: 'Gunsmoke' the TV series, Tetris, sudoku, collecting recipes that I never use (still do that), antique books (love the bindings), cat figurines, e-bay... gosh, the list goes on.

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
kris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Lea Simpson wrote:
Music... Amy Winehouse, right now. Listening and then looking up lyrics to try to figure them out. That girl is seriously talented and seriously screwed up.

Amy is certainly a major talent. My husband likens her voice to a good single malt scotch: smooth and harsh at the same time. Let's hope she can pull it together.
materra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: OCD is ME! Reply with quote

I like to think everyone has a little OCD in them... some of us more than others..

I have an office job, so a lot of mine are work related- a good example is I can only use the large smooth paperclips- no ridges and no itty bitty sizes for me- I will actually dig thru my collection and throw offending clips away. Wow seeing that in print is really sad.

My other faves right now are cake decorating, orchard trees, and mahjong.

When my DH laughs about how unrelated my interests are I just tell him to hush and that he should be happy to have such a well rounded wife. Inside I'm laughing and agreeing that indeed I am a bit of an odd duck!
lijakaca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, love the paperclip thing. I don't get too picky about physical tidiness usually, though I do love to organize and alphabetize my collections Very Happy In fact, I love looking at organizing products and trying to figure out if I can think of a use for them - I have too many already though!

I also love to make lists regarding my obsessions - Excel is great for that. I'm currently keeping track of what videogames I haven't finished yet and tracking them, as well as voice actors (it's a major part of one genre I'm into), upcoming games and which ones I plan to buy, romances I read, notes for my MMORPG...

And since they're in Excel, I keep them and update them on my work computer - provides a nice break in my workday...
SabrinaJL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamagirl wrote:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm currently obsessed with my iPod and with iTunes.

Me too. Funny thing is that I never even WANTED an IPod. My brother gave me an 80G one in January. Once I realized I could put audio books on it, I was hooked.

Other obsessions are...

books (of course)
The Sims 2
knitting
Schola

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past few days, I have been completely obsessed anew with Duran Duran! Cool
bamagirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schola wrote:
Quote:
For the past few days, I have been completely obsessed anew with Duran Duran!

Ha! Me too, thanks to my iPod and iTunes. I just bought Save a Prayer and Rio a couple of days ago. I've actually been doing an 80's thing because I also got Major Tom, some Men At Work, The Police, and some others.

SabrinaJL wrote:
Quote:
Me too. Funny thing is that I never even WANTED an IPod. My brother gave me an 80G one in January. Once I realized I could put audio books on it, I was hooked.

I didn't want one until I began looking at them as a gift for my sister for Christmas. I love it, but my little ones complain about my singing. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: