AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roses and Pigskin: Football for romance fans!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSU - fair enough, they've earned it. But I think the Sooners are a much more deserving two-loss team than LSU. They just beat the no. 1 team in the nation by three touchdowns at a neutral site! Still, I imagine you're right and the evil BCS will likely screw this up.
Nana

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really touching update on the dogs from the Michael Vick case:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/01/27/vick.dogs.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

It's really nice to see them getting another shot. One of them may even become a therapy dog!
Yulie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful article. Good to know that there's a happy ending for some of these dogs, and to read about the people who are committed to helping them and other animals who've fallen victim to human cruelty.

By the way, it's an AP stroy and MSNBC also carried it, but with a picture gallery that you might want to check out (scroll down for the link).
Nana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOO GO GIANTS!!!!

So glad they pulled it out. I was so sick of people acting like the Pats had already won - which they started doing back in October.

And how about some lousy sportsmanship from Bill Belichick- leaving the field early so he didn't have to watch his own defeat? After we talked upthread about how he runs up the score and makes other coaches watch it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

Truly low-class. I'm a Steelers fan, but I think everybody not from Boston was a Giants fan today.
Yulie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling the Giants would win - the Patriots may have beaten everyone, but with their unsportsmanlike behavior, it was obvious the football gods were simply waiting for the opportune time to smite them Very Happy .

BTW, I've never been a Giants fan, but I was willing to make an exception just this once. I think, Nana, you're right - most people probably felt the same.
nikki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm from new york, but i'm more of a fan of the jets than the giants. however, last night i was pulling big time for the giants and that was one of the best super bowls in history! when manning threw that go ahead touchdown to burress, i lost my voice cuz i was screaming so loud. what an absolutely awesome game!

my blog (do not click if you're easily offended)
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a new NFL season starting this weekend (and the first week of college football yesterday), I think this thread should be revived... I see Michigan once again managed to lose its opener and my Ducks once again managed to lose their QB.

So, what does everyone think? Will we see another crazy college season like 2007? Will the Patriots go 16-0 again in the NFL? Will Shawne Merriman realize playing with an injured knee is stupid? And who will make it to the Superbowl?
Nana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will my Tivo stop recording Penn State games when the program select menu says Ohio State? And how many more people must be hurt before the Steelers even make it to the regular season? The tension is unbearable!
Yulie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yulie wrote:
the Patriots may have beaten everyone, but with their unsportsmanlike behavior, it was obvious the football gods were simply waiting for the opportune time to smite them

I wrote this last season, but I didn't think the smiting would continue with Brady getting injured and finishing his season less than one quarter after it began. I hope it's not going to be worse than season-ending and that we'll see om the field in 2009.

In college football, it's too early to draw any meaningful conclusions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: