AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Amsterdam New Fall 2007 TV show
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookbug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: New Amsterdam New Fall 2007 TV show Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the show previews?

It looks like it has promise. If you haven't heard about it check out the link below:

http://www.tv.com/new-amsterdam/show/68703/summary.html

TTFN
bookbug Smile
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previews have been on during several of the breaks on "So you think you can dance?" This is one show that I really want to sample. It has a bit of the "Highlander" and vampire heroes who do not age and must continually lose loved ones who do.
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a rip-off of Angel. Evil or Very Mad
Gail K.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. So we have a frontiersman dude from the 1650s running around the Big Apple? I could be on board for that, if this guy can act and if he has the hunk factor.

-Gail
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It looks like a rip-off of Angel.

So far as I can understand, the only supernatural thing about the show is the main character who as a result of being immortal has developed some awesome detecting skills. I don't think he's actually a vampire is he? I didn't get the impression he'd be fighting demons.

I think I'll give it a few shows to make an impression on me. It at least looks interesting.

Dawn
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
It has a bit of the "Highlander" and vampire heroes who do not age and must continually lose loved ones who do.

No, he is not a vampire, just a human who cannot age/die until (I think) he meets his true soulmate (?). When I wrote my previous post, I meant to stress the fact that he did not age or die, but that those he connected to did. I heard on the previews that he is such a good detective because of all his years of life experience. He is also physically reckless, probably because he cannot die.
Marcella

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting me on to this. I hadn't heard of it but it sounded great... and then I saw on imdb it was directed by Lasse HallstrÝm. Can't wait till it gets aired here.

Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517877219
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Coming soon? Reply with quote

There was a preview during Tuesday's American Idol. It announced that New Amsterdam is "coming soon." However, we heard that before, and it did not arrive. I hope they deliver this time.
Kay
bookbug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FOX website says it will air Tuesday March 4 at 9pm!

Finally!!! Very Happy

TTFN
bookbug
bookbug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just set my DVR to record. But it says it is episode #4?! I know the writers strike made things off schedule but why not start with #1?

TTFN
bookbug Smile
KarenS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's paper has it debuting 9PM Tuesday and Thursday,shifting to 9PM Mondays on March 10th on Fox. It says he's a crime-solving immortal who happens to be 400 years old. He may turn mortal if he finds his true love who happens to be a nurse at a nearby hospital. So, do they ever meet is the question but I'm sure they will. According to the article, it might be a success depending on whether female viewers find the Danish actor hunky enough. From the picture shown, I would give him high hunky points but can he act? I'm not much of a TV watcher but I would give it a try if I can remember when it's on.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. This is the guy who was a supporting player in the movie "Wimbledon". He played Paul Bettany -- the star's -- best friend and tennis partner/competitor. He was very attractive in that role, so I'm not surprised they found something for him to star in as a leading man, himself. Also James McAvoy had a supporting role in this movie too and he's now a leading man! If you all haven't, you must see this movie. It's a must for romantics. (Three actual and potential leading men -- not to mention Sam Neil!)

Oh, and Kirsten Dunst. Razz

http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0360201/
bookbug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will air on FOX Tuesday-3/4/08 and Thursday 3/6/08 at 9:00 pm, episodes 4 and 5, then again on Monday 3/10/08 at 8:00 pm episode #6.

I'm not sure if the new air time will remain Monday's or not.

How or why they skipped episodes 1 through 3~ I have no clue!

My DVR is set to catch all episodes regardless of when they air.

I realize this is a double posting but I wanted to make sure those who are interested get the info.

TTFN
bookbug Very Happy
KarenS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Amsterdam was worth watching and was pretty enjoyable. The star is a decent actor, pretty good looking and sexy so he's a great leading man. There's a lot of introspection from his past life so that was enjoyable.

Times Square is prominent in the show as he photographs it through the decades and they show how it's changed over the years. I assume he may have died and was resurrected there so that is why he's so fond of that spot. His knowledge of the City and its history helps him with solving crimes so you learn some things while watching the show.

He truly wants to meet his soul mate and when he sees her in the subway he immediately has a heart attack. She saves his life and then he can't find her so he searches for her when he realizes the subway has remote cameras. Now this part wasn't realistic as the photos would have been grainy instead of glamour shots that you see. I thought his soulmate looks a lot like the Indian maiden who saves his life. Does anyone else feel that way?

Thursday's episode has him meeting his soulmate. She's a nurse so we have to assume she's curious about him because there was a question about his blood. When they analyzed his blood, it's mentioned he has a blood type that was unique to Native Americans that no longer exists.

Hope they will continue the show as it seems promising.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Times Square is prominent in the show as he photographs it through the decades and they show how it's changed over the years. I assume he may have died and was resurrected there so that is why he's so fond of that spot. His knowledge of the City and its history helps him with solving crimes so you learn some things while watching the show.

I thought it was neat at the end when you realized that basically he has lived his entire life -- all 400 years or whatever -- right there in New York.

I enjoyed the show...and the actor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: