AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No book for Marcus in Anne Gracie's DEVIL RIDERS series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: No book for Marcus in Anne Gracie's DEVIL RIDERS series? Reply with quote

I was just checking Amazon hoping for a release date for the last book in Anne Gracie's Devil Riders series - for the oldest Renfrew brother, Marcus. I was looking forward to it because I really enjoyed his character in Nash's book.

But lo and behold, her next book is the first in a new series about the Chance sisters. I'm sure it will be great but why not finish the current series first. Or does this mean there won't be a book for Marcus at all?

I so wish they'd finish one series before starting another.
LordRose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Word Wenches blog:

Quote:
I had planned to write Marcus's story, an offshoot of the Devil Riders series, and had started on it, with my editor's approval, but then my publisher saw my proposal for a new series and they wanted me to go ahead with that immediately and put Marcus aside. So now I'm working on a new series, about 4 girls in London. That's all I can say at the moment.

and

Quote:
As for Marcus's story, I'm disappointed, too, that the publisher changed their minds on him. He was originally meant to be something of a villainous distant figure, but from the moment he stepped onto the page, it was clear he was a hero-in-waiting. But I will try to write his story one day.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I wrote an email to Anne Gracie to ask her about this and today (!) I got a reply.

Quote:
Dear Jennie

Thanks so much for your lovely email. I'm so pleased you like my books.

I'm glad you like Marcus I do too. I'd originally planned him to be a bit of a distant villainous presence and not anyone who'd have a book, but instead, he quietly turned himself into a hero in waiting, and I really would like to give him a happy ending.

After I'd finished Bride By Mistake, I did start on Marcus's book, as I'd pitched it to my editor and she'd given me the verbal go-ahead to write it. But then the negotiations for my new contract started, and when my publisher read my proposal for the new series they asked me put Marcus aside and start on the new series immediately. Marcus was never in the original contract, and as I write for a living, I've had to put his story aside. But I hope to return to it one day. I'm sorry to disappoint you and the many others who've written to ask about Marcus. I will write his story one day and if my publisher doesn't want it, I'll self-publish.

Thanks again for your email.
All the best for Christmas.

cheers
anne

Eliza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. I love her books and this is interesting info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: