AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some excellent E-Authors I've found
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynnS/AAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Some excellent E-Authors I've found Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Because I refuse to buy ebooks that are the same price or in many cases more than print books and at least 95% of my reading is now done on my IPad, my reading has undergone drastic alterations lately. And since my reading world turned topsy turvy since I discovered the world of ereading, here are some I've thoroughly enjoyed:

Ellen O'Connell - She has written some of the best Western Romance I've ever read. Her books are wonderful!

Darlene Marshall - I finished Castaway Dreams a short while ago and can see why it was a DIK here. I've read a couple of of her other books and have more in the TBR pile. She has some great seafaring type stories

Felicity Heaton - I haven't tried her other series, but I've read just about all her Lyra books and loved 'em all. Although only novellas, I was most impressed with how well she did her world building in these shorter style Sci-Fi romance books.

Dee Tenorio has written some wonderful contemporary books.

I'm very excited about Ruthie Knox. I read both of her releases and loved them both and can hardly wait for her next one.

R.L. Mathewson - the one that got me (and others *g*) thinking about this has been a very nice find. I've read two of her books now and enjoyed both of them. And the price can't be beat.

There are more I know - but those are the ones that come to mind first. Any else have e-authors they have enjoyed?

I've got a couple of O'Connell's Westerns on my Kindle. I really need to read those!

I've also found some good reads over from Carina and Loveswept. You already mentioned Ruthie Knox, and I also liked Jessica Scott's debut at Loveswept. At Carina, there are Carrie Lofty's historicals and I liked the one Regency set historical by Susanna Fraser that I tried. I also really enjoyed Cat's Tale,and I'm having fun trying out the romantic suspense and pure suspense titles there.
kris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: ebooks Reply with quote

Thought I'd add this name to the mix:

Lynne Connolly: Richard and Rose series. Here's a little blurb

The series is set in the mid eighteenth century. Richard and Rose meet, fall in love and marry, but are beset by problems engendered by Richard's past life and his ownership of the staff agency Thompson's, which is not only a staff agency, but a spy network and private army.

Richard Kerre, Lord Strang is heir to the great earldom of Southwood. After his twin brother Gervase fled England from a scandal, Richard became determined to wreak his revenge on society. A series of outrageous scandals has made his name notorious.

Rosalind Golightly is the daughter of a country gentleman, and has lived all her life in Devonshire. She is reconciled to spinsterhood, having reached the ripe old age of 25

I adored this series. It took me about a month to finish all 8 books and it cost me a grand total of about $35.
Kathy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Some excellent E-Authors I've found Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Because I refuse to buy ebooks that are the same price or in many cases more than print books and at least 95% of my reading is now done on my IPad, my reading has undergone drastic alterations lately. And since my reading world turned topsy turvy since I discovered the world of ereading, here are some I've thoroughly enjoyed:

Ellen O'Connell - She has written some of the best Western Romance I've ever read. Her books are wonderful!

R.L. Mathewson - the one that got me (and others *g*) thinking about this has been a very nice find. I've read two of her books now and enjoyed both of them. And the price can't be beat.

There are more I know - but those are the ones that come to mind first. Any else have e-authors they have enjoyed?

Thank you Kristie(J) for the rec on R. L. Mathewson. I downloaded "Playing For Keeps" today (and devoured it) and I'm getting ready to start "Perfection".

I've also also got a couple of Ellen O'Connell books on my Kindle too. Thanks again!
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Some excellent E-Authors I've found Reply with quote

Courtship by Grace Burrowes came out on Kindle for $1.99. I thought it was pretty good. I liked it better than her newest book, Lady Louisa's ...
The Courtship is a about Percy and Esther and I think it might be a prequel to a series but I'm not sure. I thought it was able to stand alone well. It is a novella and took place at a country house party.

The Royal Bridesmaids is an anthology with stories by Loretta Chase, Gaelen Foley and Stephanie Laurens. It sells in Kindle format for $1.99. These are really short stories and even though I enjoyed them, they felt like chapters that were edited out of there their other novels.

Thanks for the review of Eloisa James ebook, Seduced by a Pirate, $.99 in Kindle format. This was a DNF for me. I just lost interest. I liked her other e-novellas, Winning the Wallflower, Storming the Castle and Fool Again. I just lost interest in Seduced by a Pirate (Too many books, not enough time.)
BarbaraSD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently inherited my DD's iPad #1 so still learning how to use it. I am needing to know where and how I download books to the iPad. My questions are:

Where do I go for iPad ebooks? Are the prices the same wherever one goes?
Do the ebooks need to say they are for the iPad?
How does one pay for them? Can one use Paypal?

I just downloaded 2 audio books from iTunes and will need to learn how to listen to them. Had problem just learning how to stop it and need to learn if story can be rewound.
mirole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbaraSD:

Look at the iPad desktop and you'll see a pre-loaded app iBooks. You can buy any books from there, they will be in the right format.

I also loaded two apps from the Apps store (also on the desktop) - Bookman and Goodreads. I would recommend Goodreads.

I buy most of my books on Kobobooks (you can download their app after you bought a book and opened your library there), Smashwords, Fictionwise. When buying, you have a choice of download formats and usually with explanation which format is fit for which device. If there is a choice, I always go for PDF. After you download a book, there is a choice to open it in one of the apps that you have on your iPad.

I always pay with my credit card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: