AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to remember Harlequin Romance title from early 90's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmaemily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Trying to remember Harlequin Romance title from early 90's Reply with quote

Hi there! I am trying to get a hold of an old Harlequin Romance novel, from the early to mid 90's. I can't remember title or author, but the plot line was as follows: the story takes place in the British countryside (I think). The male protagonist buys (or inherits), what he refers to as a "mausoleum". Female protagonist is from the neighborhood (they meet serendipitously; she could have been the estate agent?) and loves the property. He hires her to restore and decorate it. She has a cousin or stepsister who tries to get her "claws" into male protagonist. At the end of novel, male protagonist "buys" female protagonist at an auction in order to force her to stop and listen to him. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Thanks!
dick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my practice for some time to weed through Harlequins when I can't find anything to read, which habit has led to some very good reads. I've read this book, but I'm as lost about the title as you are. I usually though, pick from the Intrigue, SIM (Suspense), or SR lines, if that's any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: