AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of DWTS All-Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
LOL Carrie Ann falling off her chair, she was so excited with Peta and Gilles sexy rumba. I had to rewind to watch it again because I couldn't believe it. Len and Bruno was cracking up. It was funny, anyway she got a hug and kiss from Gilles. I would fall too, Gilles is one HOT man.

I missed Kirsten's dance. I think Kelly and Val was good but not great. She looked a little off, stiff to me. I saw a little of Emmitt, I guess he was fine, of course the judges gave him high marks. The group dance was good, but for some reason I didn't love it. I was shocked that Len gave them a 10. He seems stingy with his 10's Smile. Was that his first 10 of the season? I hope when Apolo dances his guilty pleasure tomorrow he gets high scores. I am happy that Melissa is doing fine and was able to dance. Neck pain can be bad. Looking forward to seen Gilles, Peta ganham (sp?) group dance - that should be fun. When will they have the elimination?

Oh my gosh Carrie Ann fell on the floor, lmao!! You know that had to be embarrassing. Maybe that was karma coming back at her for embarrassing Tom, haha.

I really loved their group dance to Call Me Maybe, I thought it was fantastic! Emmit was good but he just doesn't wow me. Kirstie was pretty good - for her, compared to the others still behind. I agree that Kelly is stiff and Melissa often looks awkward to me.

Loved Gilles and Peta's dance, HAWT!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I loved the gangham group dance. Maybe Derek and Shawn's group dance was better but this one was more fun. Damn, Gilles is yummy in those little white shorts. That man can move body, I only had eyes for him through the dance.

I thought Derek and Shawn's rumba was beautiful. Shawn did great. This pains me to say but i did not love Apolo and Karina's samba. Apolo has had some really good dances but the judges are scoring him low for some reason. I don't necessarily agree with Carrie Ann that he hasn't had a break-out dance as yet and something about not having chemistry with Karina. What do you think? Do you think he hasn't had his breakout dance? What about their chemistry? I think he and Karina have chemistry, not like Kelly and Val but there's something there. I could see some disappointment on Apolo's face. I feel bad. I also enjoyed Melissa and Tony's tango, good job.

Oh my gosh the gangnam dance was hysterical, loved it, FUN!

Derek and Shawn did a beautiful job I will grudgingly admit since Derek kinda annoys me. Maybe I'm getting over that. Apolo and Karina are not good together, imho. They don't bring out the best in each other, the chemistry is lacking. No, he hasn't had a breakout dance, all his dances have been kinda dull but that may be the choreo.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda, I am not sure I will be able to see DWTS tonight. Hurricane Sandy is suppose to hit us hard by tonight so we maybe out of power. I am so nervous.

Anyway, I look forward to see your review/opinion on the dances.

Debbie
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Hi Linda, I am not sure I will be able to see DWTS tonight. Hurricane Sandy is suppose to hit us hard by tonight so we maybe out of power. I am so nervous.

Anyway, I look forward to see your review/opinion on the dances.

Debbie

Here too we are supposed to get hit the hardest with winds, winds are always what knocks our power out. I really want to see the country themed dances, should be entertaining! If I can see it it's going to have beeping and warnings running all over the screen though I am sure.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, did you get to see it? I missed it because we didn't have power. Sad. I missed both DWTS and Hawii 5-0. - drat.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, unfortunately no, I missed it too because we lost power. I still don't have power Sad I am able to get on the Internet because my husband is able to share his IPhone5 Internet connection. So when I get a chance I will get on the Internet. I read that Apolo and Sabrina got their first perfect score. Only to just read that Sabrina was eliminated. This is sad because she's a much better dancer than Kirstie and Kirstie is still there. This again reminds me it's more of popularity contest than it is about who can really dance. I am bummed I didn't get to see Apolo get is 30 score. Sorry you missed Hawaii 5-0, I missed revolution - damn.

I hope all's well with you with the hurricane. I hope so much we get power back tomorrow - just don't know though, there are lots of trees in my neighborhood and a lot came down bringing down the power lines.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Linda, unfortunately no, I missed it too because we lost power. I still don't have power Sad I am able to get on the Internet because my husband is able to share his IPhone5 Internet connection. So when I get a chance I will get on the Internet. I read that Apolo and Sabrina got their first perfect score. Only to just read that Sabrina was eliminated. This is sad because she's a much better dancer than Kirstie and Kirstie is still there. This again reminds me it's more of popularity contest than it is about who can really dance. I am bummed I didn't get to see Apolo get is 30 score. Sorry you missed Hawaii 5-0, I missed revolution - damn.

I hope all's well with you with the hurricane. I hope so much we get power back tomorrow - just don't know though, there are lots of trees in my neighborhood and a lot came down bringing down the power lines.

Debbie - oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you are still without power, I know what a pain that can be. Hope you have away to keep warm!

I guess I'll try to watch online too, at least that's an option. Yeah I was very surprised to see it was Sabrina that went home but her voting base wasn't as strong during her season either. Yes, it is a popularity contest pretty much and the bigger names almost always last the longest.

I'm fine here, we only lost power for a short time so it's back on and our roof is inteact so we are fine.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no power - have to charge our cell phones in the car, what a pain. Our area was hit hard, so many trees came down and still out in the street.

Anyway I think we missed a good show on Monday. Oh well, I hope to see it next Monday. I was thinking that this week's elimination was not fair because pretty much most of the Northeast was out of power. So Sabrina probably missed out on lots of votes.

Debbie
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Still no power - have to charge our cell phones in the car, what a pain. Our area was hit hard, so many trees came down and still out in the street.

Anyway I think we missed a good show on Monday. Oh well, I hope to see it next Monday. I was thinking that this week's elimination was not fair because pretty much most of the Northeast was out of power. So Sabrina probably missed out on lots of votes.

Debbie

Debbie, that's awful, is there anything we can do? Send?

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, it was so nice of you to offer help, thank you. We are doing good, just still no power, it is a big inconvenience but thank God will are all fine. One of our tree came down and missed the house and the glass window. It broke part of the deck but I am so grateful my house is in tack and we are o.k. I cannot believe the damage that was done. We still have trees and power lines hanging in the road in my development. It stinks taking cold showers, boy do I miss hot water. I am hoping the electricity comes back by the weekend.

I don't want to miss another week of DWTS. If I don't get power back I will come here to read yout comments and get an update.

Thanks again.
Debbie
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Linda, it was so nice of you to offer help, thank you. We are doing good, just still no power, it is a big inconvenience but thank God will are all fine. One of our tree came down and missed the house and the glass window. It broke part of the deck but I am so grateful my house is in tack and we are o.k. I cannot believe the damage that was done. We still have trees and power lines hanging in the road in my development. It stinks taking cold showers, boy do I miss hot water. I am hoping the electricity comes back by the weekend.

I don't want to miss another week of DWTS. If I don't get power back I will come here to read yout comments and get an update.

Thanks again.
Debbie

Debbie, if you don't have power I don't mind putting it on a dvd and sending to you, really! Let me know. I still need to catch up on the last one online.

I'm glad your house is safe and you are safe, I've heard stories of fallen trees that were tragic during this storm. Take care and come here and celebrate when you have power back so we can celebrate with you!

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Yay, I have power back. Finally after nine days it came back this evening. And still not everyone got theirs back, a few houses further down from me are still out. My heart goes out to them. It was wonderful taking a long hot shower - and not cook in the garage on a little camping stove. Now we have a nor'easter that started today going into tomorrow morning. It's raining, windy and some light snow earlier. It is great to have electricity, I really missed it. Thank you Linda for your kind thoughts.

So how was DWTS on Monday? Who got eliminated?

Btw, I saw your Sons of Anarchy post. That is one of my fav show to watch. I swoon over Jax through the entire show I miss half the things going on Smile. I missed it two weeks now. It's edgy, gritty, racy and a great series. I cannot stand Clay, I wish he would go.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, great news that your power has finally returned! Gesh that lasted a while. There was no elimination on DWTS this week so no one went home. I actually thought Monday's ep was a little boring, I don't think you missed much.

OMG I am so hooked on Sons of Anarchy and Jax! I am halfway through season 2, I came home from work yesterday and watched 4 eps in a row and my eyes ached, I think I forgot to blink, lol So far I am not a fan of Clay's, sounds like that doesn't get better. Sad

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After two weeks of not seeing DWTS, I was a little excited to watch it last night. It was good. I found the trio dances more fun. All the regular dances were good, some better than others but none really stood out out for me. However, I loved Melissa's threesome dance. She was fantastic, my fav of all the dances. I also liked Apolo's and Gilles. I must have watched a different dance than Carrie Ann. What does she mean he lacked musicality? Gilles was great with Peta and Chelsea, he was sexy as hell. That man knows how to move his body. I also really enjoyed and thought it was awesome, Shawn, Derek and Mark's tribal dance. Maybe it didn't have much samba but Len was way off giving them a 7. I have to say, I think Derek is the best choreographer on the show. I love Tristan and it was a treat to see him. I just wish it wasn't with Kirstie and Max. That dance was not good. I liked Kirstie in her season and rooted for her but this time around I find her extremely annoying. She constantly giggles and acts silly like a 12 year. It's fine some of the times but not every week.

Double elimination tonight. I hope Melissa, Apolo Gilles stays.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched yet, I am still too busy marathoning through Sons of Anarchy! lol

More and more though I think Carrie Ann's comments seem to be way off base. I agree about Kirstie, I enjoyed her during her season but it's time for her to go.

It pains me to say it but I agree about Derek's choreo!

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: