AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sookie 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following everyone's comments because I am really interested to see how Charlaine Harris wraps this series up and who Sookie ends up with.

I've fallen out of reading the later books but I might go back and catch up.

I've had my own theory for a while on how things will end based on another series of Harris's that I read. I don't want to spoil the Aurora Teagarden books for anyone who hasn't read them but if you are familiar with them you will probably get what I mean.

SPOILER FOR AURORA TEAGARDEN BOOKS************************

The heroine is a nice southern girl (a Librarian) not unlike Sookie in many ways but more upwardly mobile/respectable and no magical powers.

By the end of the series Harris seems to be saying the more violent men Aurora dates (and even loves and marries one) are not right for her. Her "soulmate" turns out to be the gentle writer introduced in book one who was interested in her before she got mixed up with the cheating cop and the businessman with the shady and violent past. He is also the only one she is able to have children by. Harris has said Sookie cannot have children with a Vampire and she won't magically change the rules.

If she is following the Aurora pattern then I see Sookie ending up with Sam and a litter of pups. However Harris may have something totally different in mind, especially as this is a series built around vampires and many fans would probably be extremely disappointed to see what may be taken as an "anti-vampire" ending.

I can't decide if that is what she is setting up or has another surprise ending in store.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, wonderful spot on review of Deadlocked, well done!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
I've been following everyone's comments because I am really interested to see how Charlaine Harris wraps this series up and who Sookie ends up with.

I've fallen out of reading the later books but I might go back and catch up.

I've had my own theory for a while on how things will end based on another series of Harris's that I read. I don't want to spoil the Aurora Teagarden books for anyone who hasn't read them but if you are familiar with them you will probably get what I mean.

SPOILER FOR AURORA TEAGARDEN BOOKS************************

The heroine is a nice southern girl (a Librarian) not unlike Sookie in many ways but more upwardly mobile/respectable and no magical powers.

By the end of the series Harris seems to be saying the more violent men Aurora dates (and even loves and marries one) are not right for her. Her "soulmate" turns out to be the gentle writer introduced in book one who was interested in her before she got mixed up with the cheating cop and the businessman with the shady and violent past. He is also the only one she is able to have children by. Harris has said Sookie cannot have children with a Vampire and she won't magically change the rules.

If she is following the Aurora pattern then I see Sookie ending up with Sam and a litter of pups. However Harris may have something totally different in mind, especially as this is a series built around vampires and many fans would probably be extremely disappointed to see what may be taken as an "anti-vampire" ending.

I can't decide if that is what she is setting up or has another surprise ending in store.

Chris, that doesn't bode well for how I would want Sookie to have her HEA but I'm kinda glad I have a year to assimilate myself t the idea.

Linda
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Maggie, wonderful spot on review of Deadlocked, well done!

Linda

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Maggie
Ada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that she already decided at the very end of book 12 that her relationship with Eric is over. I used to be very found of him but in last couple of books he disappointed me... I think that he doesn't love her enough, loves his position and power much more than her. Bill now does love her the way she deserves, but I think that she can't really have a HEA with any of them, because they are both vampires and Sookie is a being of the day, of the sun, she loves her life, work, she wants children... I think she will end up with Sam, and that she could be happy with him.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the cover of the last book, Dead Ever After. I notice a tiger's tail so it looks like Quinn will be in there somehow, a dog and a wolf. Not much by way of vampire aside from the symbolism of the bats.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2012/10/18/sookie-stackhouse-harris/1641499/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomBooks-TopStories+%28Life+-+Books+-+Top+Stories%29

Wondering if these are some kind of hint as to who will be Sookie's HEA.

Linda
willaful

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that her HEA will be with a new character, The Invisible Man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: