AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medieval, relatives try to pass off the h's cousin as the h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Medieval, relatives try to pass off the h's cousin as the h Reply with quote

I hope you can help identify the following book because it sounds really good.

Sweet Symphony says:

Story is set in medieval times. The H goes to the heroine's home to marry her. Since he has never seen her before the aunt and uncle try to pass off the heroine's cousin as the heroine. Also, the aunt and uncle treat her like a servant, but she is the true Lady of the keep. I think they even have the h dress as ugly as possible so as to not draw the hero's attention. (doesn't work Wink)

H eventually figures out the truth and sticks it to the Aunt and uncle. Just cannot remember title or author.

I didn't think that she had a brother or sister. I think it is just her living with her Aunt, Uncle and Cousin.

If I remember correctly, they did not know each other when he came for her, which was why they were able to pass the cousin off as the betrothed, at least for a time.

Original post: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_t_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdThread=TxSIHWVGVD8K02#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Thank you.

Jenny
kim76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've read this (and recently). Was it a Lynn Kurland?
erhea13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeieros.
Jenny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone had already suggested Charming The Prince by Teresa Medeiros in the original post but the original poster said that that is not it.

Last edited by Jenny on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read fairly recently (within the last year or two) a "historical paranormal" with precisely this setup, but I believe that it was set in a kind of alternate Victorian era rather than in the Middle Ages. If you think that the book you are hunting might have been Victorian rather than medieval, I'll try to find the title for you.
Jenny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to find it! I would like to read it regardless whether that is the title the OP is looking for.

I'll pass along your message to the OP.

Thank you. Smile
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veasleyd1,

The OP says that the book is definitely medieval. She also said that the cousin might actually be a stepsister.

Nonetheless I would like to know the title of the book you read with this premise. I hope you can find it.

Thank you.
Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Sterling_95

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Heiress by Jude Deveraux, maybe? The cousin's name is Frances and the heroine's name is Axia.
Jocelyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Rexanne Becnel's The Maiden Bride? I read it 8 years ago, so it may not be the one, but it sounds a lot like your description.

Description from Amazon:
Born in shame...

All her life the ravishing Linnea de Valcourt has been reviled as the "cursed" daughter of Maindenstone Castle.

Redeemed by deceit...

Now, to save her beloved twin sister from a terrible fate, she will sacrifice herself by impersonating her as the bride of conqueror Axton de la Manse. Yet how is it that she feels such fiery passion when she lies with this grim despoiler of her home?

A hostage to love...

Revenge for years of exile has driven the magnificent Axton to possess his archenemy's daughter-little knowing that, as he imprisons her in his arms and drowns in her stormy sea-green eyes, he is throwing away the key to his soul. But Linnea's family, gathering forces to reclaim Maidenstone, will soon reveal their trickery. How can she hide from him the truth about his imposter's bride?

Last edited by Jocelyn on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def read this, I thought it was Tanya Anne Crosby but I couldn't find one that matched. I will keep try to remember who this is.
Cheri
xina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head could this be a Julie Garwood novel or Theresa Medeiros? I know I have read this in the years I read only medieval settings.
Vellorine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I too thought Lynn Kurland ("This is all I ask") or a Julie Garwood book, but the more I think about it...perhaps Judith McNaught's A Kingdom of Dreams? it's been so long since I read it but I recall the heroine pretending to be a servant while trying to pass her young aunt as the lady of the castle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: