AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of DWTS All-Stars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Start of DWTS All-Stars Reply with quote

Hi Linda,

What do you think of the first night? I thought all did good, except Pam Anderson. Sorry but she was awful. I love Tristan and wish they did not pair him with her. Even Bristol wasn't bad. Apolo is one of my favorite, I thought he was good - I did not agree with the 6.5 scores from the judges. Guilles was really good, another fav. I am not a fan of Emmitt but he danced very good. I liked, Shawn, Melissa and Kelly.

I am excited about this season, just wish it didn't conflict with the Voice. I think it will be Pam to go home tomorrow.

Debbie
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Start of DWTS All-Stars Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Hi Linda,

What do you think of the first night? I thought all did good, except Pam Anderson. Sorry but she was awful. I love Tristan and wish they did not pair him with her. Even Bristol wasn't bad. Apolo is one of my favorite, I thought he was good - I did not agree with the 6.5 scores from the judges. Guilles was really good, another fav. I am not a fan of Emmitt but he danced very good. I liked, Shawn, Melissa and Kelly.

I am excited about this season, just wish it didn't conflict with the Voice. I think it will be Pam to go home tomorrow.

Debbie

I finally got caught up on this on the DVR, loved it and I think it's going to be a great season! What is up with Carrie Ann though? Geez, I know she didn't like getting cut off but it didn't look like it was on purpose then she made the crack about his emmy.

I don't think I have a favorite yet! Emmit was excellent but almost like it's too easy. Pam was a disappointment and I'm so bummed Tristan got stuck with her because I love him and now he's gone. Boo.

I really like Kelly, Melissa and Giles. I think Val has a crush on Kelly, too funny! Would love to see Tony go strong with her partner for a while and Melissa is so likable. Giles and Peta smoldered!

Bristol did gain confidence but was not impressed with her dancing or Kirstie's either. I like having Maks on though because you never know what he willd o or say next, haha Joey and Drew, eh. Apolo was terrific! Shawn was also very good, the ex Cheetah girl, I just can't seem to get into her for some reason.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda - as much as I like the judges, there are times i find them annoying and out of line. Not sure what's going on with Carrie Ann, I heard her engagement was called off so maybe she's going through a liitle rough time.

As I thought Pam was eliminated. I was surprised that Drew was in the bottom two. I don't think he looks happy with Anna, she's tough. I like maks and his brother and you are right, he does have a crush on Kelly. They do have good chemistry.

Kirsten Ally didn't do that well, hopefully she'll do better next week. I like Mark Ballas but I don't think he and Bristol will go far in this season. I really think she's going to get voted off a lot earlier this time around. I also hope Melissa goes far she's a good dancer. I can't wait to see Giles next week, he's yummy Smile
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally caught up w/DWTS All Stars a few days late. I wasn't surprised to see Pam leave first, frankly I was more surprised to see she was included in this All Star cast!

Loved Gilles! Loved Apolo! Loved so many others, especially Kelly. I'm an old GH watcher from back in the day, so I'd like to see her go far. I felt really bad for Drew, it sure looked liked he was surprised to be in the bottom two, I know I was shocked it came down to Pam and him.

How about that call that "all the couples were safe!" when they really only meant that the four names they called were safe? Poor Sabrina, it was only right that they just let her know that she was safe right then, too.

I'm hoping that Kirstie and Bristol will go before any others. And Emmitt seems like such a nice guy, but I don't get all the hype around him. He's good, they make him out to be fabulous, though. I thought some of the other dancers did just as well.

I think it's going to be a shoot out from week to week with lots of upsets.
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe, you and I have some of the same favs, Giles, Apolo and Kelly. I do think they will go far. I think Kelly has a big fan base, all the GH fans will vote for her. I am not a Emmitt fan, but i get this feeling he will go to the end.

I like Kirstie even though she can be obnoxious at times which can turn off some people. Drew wasn't the only one that was surprised he was in the bottom two, I was too. I don't think Pam should have been brought back for the all-stars.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kirstie because she's funny and she's a good match/foil for Maks. But she really is not a good dancer, unfortunately.

Does anyone else enjoy watching the rehearsals more than the actual dancing? I love the interaction between the pros and celebs!

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is a devoted watcher, and invariably I get called in to watch a particular couple. I saw only two, and I can't remember who they were, despite the wife's precis about their pasts. However, I think they've got too many; the short dances didn't give anybody much of a chance. A couple of turns, a glide or two, and blink!--Done. I'll wait until the field is whittled down.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed a lot of the dances. I saw Apolo and again I thought the judges were wrong. I think he should have gotten higher scores. His quick step was great. I missed Sabrina but read she got the first 9. What do you think, was her dance that good? I loved Gilles, he was fantastic. I think both Apolo and Gilles should have gotten 9's too.

The little I saw of Kirstie, I didn't like. Bristol was o.k., I still find her stiff, not as bad as in her season, she needs to loosen up. I liked both Melissa and Kelly, but thought Melissa did better. I missed the rest.

I think Bristol could go home tonight.
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am shocked Joey went home. He's a good dance and a lot of fun.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always takes me a few days to catch up with watching!

Sabrina's good but for some reason she is uninteresting to me, I think I started ff'ding halfway through her dance. I can understand how she went home early last time because she doesn't have the personality pull of the others to bring votes in.

Surprised Emmit didn't do better!

I think I'm going to root for Gilles (spelling?), I love watching him.

Val is obsessed with Kelly's breasts! LOL They are quite entertaining.

It was nice to see Tony get some praise for his choreo, I know he's been criticized for not having good choreography in the past so I could tell it felt good for him to hear it.

Bristol or Kirstie should have gone home for their dancing ability but it's more of a popularity contest and they bring in a lot of votes.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe Joey was eliminated. I think what may happen is some good dancers/past favs will be eliminated early. I guess Joey didn't have a big fan base this time around. Yeah, this is is more of a popularity contest.

I am just not a fan of Emmitt, yes he can dance but I pick up a cockiness about him that turns me off.

Apolo, Gilles, Melissa and Kelly are my top favs and I hope they stay around.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I still can't believe Joey was eliminated. I think what may happen is some good dancers/past favs will be eliminated early. I guess Joey didn't have a big fan base this time around. Yeah, this is is more of a popularity contest.

I am just not a fan of Emmitt, yes he can dance but I pick up a cockiness about him that turns me off.

Apolo, Gilles, Melissa and Kelly are my top favs and I hope they stay around.

Debbie, I agree with you on your favorites! It's going to be interesting to see who goes next, i'm wondering if it might be Drew..

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
It always takes me a few days to catch up with watching!

It always takes me a few days, too. I'll start out watching it on Monday night, but it runs too late here on the east coast. I have to be up at 5am so I'm pooped by 9ish! Thank God for DVR and OnDemand!

I was sorry to see Joey go, too. I'm really miffed at ABC for having Bristol back again. It's just so much pandering, let the stars duke it out on their own. Why'd they have to throw the political angle in? We all know who's voting for her.

I'm with Debbie, love Gilles, Apolo, Kelly and I'm also rooting for Shawn.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dances were very good tonight, some better than others. I think Derek and Shawn was the best but my favorite was Apolo and Karina. Can someone tell me what are the judges problems?? Apolo was fantastic yet Len gave him an 8. He also gave Kirstie an 8 and Her dance didn't come close to being as good as Apolo's. Carrie Ann gave him a 9, I think he should have gotten a 10. I also loved Kelly and Melissa. Melissa's dance had a lot of complex/difficult moves but she did all without missing a step. I did not like Kirstie and Maks tonight. Bristol was better tonight and thought it was her best dance so far.

Two people is going home on Tuesday. Just hope my favs stay around.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
The dances were very good tonight, some better than others. I think Derek and Shawn was the best but my favorite was Apolo and Karina. Can someone tell me what are the judges problems?? Apolo was fantastic yet Len gave him an 8. He also gave Kirstie an 8 and Her dance didn't come close to being as good as Apolo's. Carrie Ann gave him a 9, I think he should have gotten a 10. I also loved Kelly and Melissa. Melissa's dance had a lot of complex/difficult moves but she did all without missing a step. I did not like Kirstie and Maks tonight. Bristol was better tonight and thought it was her best dance so far.

Two people is going home on Tuesday. Just hope my favs stay around.

Debbie I agree that Kirstie's dance didn't even come close to Apolo! I didn't think Melissa's dance went that well though but I love her and want her to stay. I actually took notes while watching this morning so I could comment on each dance, I'm such a nerd, lol

Drew and Anna - eh *snore*

Gilles and Peta – damn I have a crush on both of them, HOT!! Gilles smolders and dominates indeed, Fifty shades of YES YES YES Bruno! Very Happy

Melissa and Tony – ok, really love both and it was ok but I thought the tricks looked slow and awkward, I don’t see how they scored all 9s. wtf? But again, I’m happy for them. Thought Gilles and Peta were much better though, sometimes the judge scoring is whack.

Apolo and Karina – Very good, loved it!

Kelly and Val – awesome! Their chemistry is so much fun.

Kirstie and Maks – I can’t get past the ridiculous hair on Maks, both in rehearsal and in the dance, shallow I know but..ewwww! Kirstie fails to impress with the dancing as usual but I like her.

Sabrina and Louis - eh *snore*

Emmitt and Cheryl – loved the dance, loved the song, excellent!

Helio and Chelsea – awww, I hated that they had a dress issue and kinda went downhill from there, it was going so well. Anyone else think that Helio was disappointed to get Chelsea?

Bristol and Mark - she is improved but still..eh.

Shawn and Derek – holy Moses that was awesome!

linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: