AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty shades new discussion (6th FSOG thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it...I missed the interview, but am going to check out your link Linda. I've been reading about the interview though, and I'm interested Erika's picks for Christina and Ana too.
Agree that Katie looks great. Love the black leather dress and stilettos too. Smile perfect.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Darn it...I missed the interview, but am going to check out your link Linda. I've been reading about the interview though, and I'm interested Erika's picks for Christina and Ana too.
Agree that Katie looks great. Love the black leather dress and stilettos too. Smile perfect.

Xina, there is a lot of good stuff left out of the clips! She talks about speaking with a friend of hers that is a child psychologist to help her out with the scenes featuring the therapist. She also talks about how she'd be writing in the middle of the day and it would be a sex scene and she would have her husband come down to the house and fully clothed they'd practice the mechanics of it because she wanted it to be realistic, she said they had a lot of laughs out of it.

I have it on the DVR so I'd be happy to put it on DVD for you but there is a tornado/flood watch warning that runs down at the bottom of the screen pretty much the whole time.

Linda
Kerstin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Linda, for the link.

Regarding Justin Bieber, is it possible that they want him to cast for the role of young Christian (in the days of Ms. Robinson)? I actually would find THAT a good idea because it would enhance the creepiness of Ms. Robinson's actions.

Kerstin
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:

Regarding Justin Bieber, is it possible that they want him to cast for the role of young Christian (in the days of Ms. Robinson)? I actually would find THAT a good idea because it would enhance the creepiness of Ms. Robinson's actions.

Kerstin

Well yes it would that, haha I think this came about because he said in an interview that his fans wanted to see him in this role, which is creepy enough in itself considering how young most are. Fifty is not a book they should be reading!

Linda
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Kerstin wrote:

Kerstin

Well yes it would that, haha I think this came about because he said in an interview that his fans wanted to see him in this role, which is creepy enough in itself considering how young most are. Fifty is not a book they should be reading!

Linda

Shutter! I think I had a physical reaction to the idea Justin Bieber would mention his fans wanting him in he movie. I hope he isn't anywhere near the movie, could you imagine all the 10 year olds that would want to see it and all the not so smart parents that would take their daughters because they are "friends" with their kids.

I have mixed feelings about the movie, I just see hollywood not getting it close to the chemistry of the book, which would leave me gasping in a non sexy way.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:

Shutter! I think I had a physical reaction to the idea Justin Bieber would mention his fans wanting him in he movie. I hope he isn't anywhere near the movie, could you imagine all the 10 year olds that would want to see it and all the not so smart parents that would take their daughters because they are "friends" with their kids.

I have mixed feelings about the movie, I just see hollywood not getting it close to the chemistry of the book, which would leave me gasping in a non sexy way.

I'm okay with the movie, even though I am rarely satisfied with a movie based on a favorite book. However...Justin Beiber...no way.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

I have it on the DVR so I'd be happy to put it on DVD for you but there is a tornado/flood watch warning that runs down at the bottom of the screen pretty much the whole time.

Linda

Oh, thanks Linda~ I'm going to try to watch it with the links you posted. I'll get back to you. Smile
xina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/19/fifty-shades-of-grey-film-cameo?newsfeed=true

James wrote herself into the book?? Who is it?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/19/fifty-shades-of-grey-film-cameo?newsfeed=true

James wrote herself into the book?? Who is it?

Oh gosh I had just read this, something about a woman that's feeding a dog in one of the scenes? Darn, what was that!

I saw this wine in Kroger today and even though it's from 2011 I couldn't resist picking it up!

Black and white may be useful distinctions, but we find Shades of Grey to be far more intriguing. Like the understated nuance of a well-placed double entendre, Shades of Grey wines offer subtle textural expression and alluring layers of complexity that are always open to interpretation.

Sexay! Very Happy

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Oh, thanks Linda~ I'm going to try to watch it with the links you posted. I'll get back to you. Smile

K. There was a part that is missing in the clips that I enjoyed, they had two 'expects' on there, one was a psychologist and relationship therapist and the other a sexual health educator from the Kinsey Institute. They both weighed in on their thoughts about the books, their popularity, etc.

The Kinsey Inst. rep said that in recent years certain aspects as far as advertising for products have become more mainstream. More boutiques opening up geared towards women, sexual toys and aids popping up in grocery stores and corner markets. Advertisements for lubricants on mainstream tv for example and yet there's still this cultural conversation about women having low sexual desire. She said that she didn't think women 100% connected with that message and that this shows that they do enjoy sex and desire sex but just didn't feel connected in and Fifty Shades delivered that. She felt it came along at the right time.

The psychologist said that for women this book is the ultimate fantasy, you're being pursued by this gorgeous billionaire that's giving you the best sex that you ever had. He's such an extraordinary catch and Ana is so relatable because she's just an ordinary girl that is this incredible underdog that represents how so many women feel. Not every woman is a super glamor woman for the cover of a book. So to feel that someone like them out there gets the guy that everyone else wants to get you'll root for her, they want to be her.

Oh and the CEO of Barnes and Noble credits E.L. James for single handedly lifting digital sales this quarter by 47%! Katie makes the statement I thought was hilarious, she says that E.L. James has done more to stimulate the economy than a politician has done in years. Laughing Not only book sales but hotels are now offering Fifty Shades of Grey packages with special services, the sales of sex toys is booming, a classical album just released and and clothing inspired by Fifty Shades. Two copies of the Fifty Shades trilogy being sold every second! Shocked

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I some more good stuff.

http://sulia.com/channel/fifty-shades-of-grey/f/df67378b-3544-44ac-88b7-3ea6b76b85b1/?source=twitter
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice..the wine. Smile The label needs a tie on it or handcuffs. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
I some more good stuff.

http://sulia.com/channel/fifty-shades-of-grey/f/df67378b-3544-44ac-88b7-3ea6b76b85b1/?source=twitter

I can't view this! What is it about?

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was alot of little things about FS. I got it on Twitter. Did you get the one I posted about "Mr. Invisible" or "The Invisible man"? I haven't read it yet but I think it's a story with the man's perception. Have you seen this one with Matt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=binKIMK-55Q&feature=share
xina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/170057596.html?refer=y

Fun article about James being in Mpls. yesterday. Saw this on the evening news as well. The people standing in line were so happy to meet her and have her sign their books.
I wish I could have gotten away to see her. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: