AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty shades new discussion (6th FSOG thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KataO wrote:
[This link didn't go to E.L. James' husbands interview. Can you give a new link?

Really? Where did it go? I clicked it just now and it took me right to the interview. I cliked the share button below and this link came up to copy and paste, not sure if it's any different -

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2012/09/10/mclaughlin-mr-50-shades-of-grey.cnn.html

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[I saw the Today Show interview this AM. Love the part where Savanah asked him if they have a Red Room Of Pain in their house and he just answered with a "no, we don't have room for that."...or something along those lines. LOL!

He said we barely have room for the ironing, lol. They both give great interviews, down to earth and funny.

Linda
KataO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new link went to right place. The previous had news about 9/11. Thanks, Linda.
kmredd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maria-rodale/this-guilty-pleasure-is-s_b_1883486.html
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maria-rodale/this-guilty-pleasure-is-s_b_1883486.html

\
thanks that was a nice and on the mark.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

That was good! I like this quote -

You know it's a romance novel because the heroine, through asserting her independence, desires, and confidence, uses love to create a more equal--and way more sexy and satisfying--relationship. A more perfect union, if you will.

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just plain creepy.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/09/15/justin-bieber-fifty-shades-of-grey-jonathan-ross/ Confused
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last minute heads up, E.L. James will be on Katie Couric's new show titled 'Katie' today! In my area it airs at 11am but will vary by location.

Kmredd - that's just downright wrong! LOL

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
This is just plain creepy.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/09/15/justin-bieber-fifty-shades-of-grey-jonathan-ross/ Confused

I agree. just imagining that sort of makes me sick....ewww.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Last minute heads up, E.L. James will be on Katie Couric's new show titled 'Katie' today! In my area it airs at 11am but will vary by location.

Linda

Thanks Linda!
kmredd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know they dropped the ball so bad with the audio of FS nothing they do will surprise me Evil or Very Mad
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:

Linda

Thanks Linda!

in a hotel today, and just came back to the room and the tv came on to Katie's show, was I ever surprised. I would of never seen this if I had been home, I hardly turn the tv on during the day anymore.

So happy to say my husband isn't like those 3 guys on the stage. My husband was up to speed before 50. I loved Erika said Fifty is for women not men and Grey is a fantasy and 50 kinds of f*cked up.

Also I don't feel the book isn't demening to women and I agree with Erika that calling the book abusive to women is insulting to women in abusive relationships. Maya Banks writes some difficult relationships, but I feel strongly that what is mutual is alright. I have friends that are in relationships that I don't understand, but they mutually agree to it so, who am I. (angry actions are abuse, pain is alright if both agree. I love my husband nibbling on my skin, but if he was angry and bite me that would be a totally different act and he would get a palm in his face.)
kmredd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who should play the Dad?

http://www.drlauraberman.com/great-sex/shades-of-grey/who-could-be-christian-greys-father#/slide-1
Eliza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

On the off chance you didn't know Maria is a publisher and she wrote a book with her daughter Maya called It's My Pleasure, which amazon calls a "dual-memoir/self-help book," here is a link. It also lists Maya's three romances.

http://www.amazon.com/Its-My-Pleasure-ebook/dp/B000FCK31O/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1347943795&sr=8-4
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
[in a hotel today, and just came back to the room and the tv came on to Katie's show, was I ever surprised. I would of never seen this if I had been home, I hardly turn the tv on during the day anymore.

So happy to say my husband isn't like those 3 guys on the stage. My husband was up to speed before 50. I loved Erika said Fifty is for women not men and Grey is a fantasy and 50 kinds of f*cked up.

Also I don't feel the book isn't demeaning to women and I agree with Erika that calling the book abusive to women is insulting to women in abusive relationships. Maya Banks writes some difficult relationships, but I feel strongly that what is mutual is alright. I have friends that are in relationships that I don't understand, but they mutually agree to it so, who am I. (angry actions are abuse, pain is alright if both agree. I love my husband nibbling on my skin, but if he was angry and bite me that would be a totally different act and he would get a palm in his face.)

Judy - that's cool, great timing! Of course I agree with you that what is mutual is alright. Safe, sane, consensual as E.L. James says, legal. I guess there will always be those that judge otherwise or have their own agenda.

She always gives such a good interview! I'm getting to know when she's uncomfortable or embarrassed answering a question, she'll raise her hand to her hair or take a sip of water. Even though she wrote some pretty sexy/kinky scenes that has to be hard to address in a public forum! Watching her, I think she is affected by the criticism of the writing even though she tries to tune the negative out. I totally agree with her though that they must be doing something right because quite a lot of people have bought them. You go girl! I like her advice to writers to write for yourself, IMHO the best books come along that way. Outlander, another favorite, DG says she wrote that book for herself for 'practice'. Trying to please readers or publishers rather than going with your heart and imagination can produce the same ole. I love to see her so successful, especially after a critical start.

The Audi story was hilarious! I'm dying to know who the 3 men she has in mind to play Christian are and the 4 women for Ana. Hmmmm! Wonder if they mesh with any of the current fan favorites.

Katie looked great! Haven't been a fan of her over the years but she seemed so relaxed and genuinely happy, it came through during the interview.

Kerstin - if you're curious you may be able to view some clips here!

http://fiftyshadesmovie.org/e-l-james-on-the-katie-show-full-video/

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: