AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easy by Tammara Webber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Easy by Tammara Webber Reply with quote

If there's a previous post on this I apologize, I did a search but so many hits come up for the word. Anyhow, I loved this book! College age protagonists but doesn't read 'young'. The hero, Lucas, I love how supportive he is of the heroine and he's also the tall dark and dangerous type. Tattoos, tortured but not a jerk and very intelligent. The heroine is physically attacked in the intro and the hero saves her from an actual rape, I like how he empowers her later by teaching her self defense. She also has a girlfriend that's her roommate and is also a very good friend and very supportive. It's not a sad story about abuse or attack, although that isn't swept under the rug, it's also a very enjoyable romance. It's been reviewed here if you want further information.

It was a very enjoyable read and highly recommended!

Linda
melann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this. Both characters sincerely liked and respected each other in addition to the physical attraction, so I totally bought the HEA.

Very enjoyable book.
Natalie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned Easy in the Recently read thread a while back. I loved it so much, I went ahead and got the first trilogy by the same author. It was good, too, but I prefer less glamour Hollywood stuff.
KarLynP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, I enjoyed it so much! I rarely read YA romances, but this one worked on so many levels for me. The romance was age appropriate, and the maturity level of the H/h was convincing.

I have since read a few more YA romances, some very popular ones, but haven't found anything close to Easy. I don't think the genre is for me, but I am certainly glad I made the exception for Easy.
msaggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Easy by Tammara Webber Reply with quote

I had heard lots of good things about Easy throughout 2012, but only read it after it showed up on many bloggers' lists of "best books of 2012". I just finished it, and loved it very much. I like the New Adult category. Jacqueline does sound very much like a college girl - rushing to make it in time for all those classes reminds me of my own college days. Watching out for who's hot, doodling during lectures, sitting at the back... ah, nostalgia! The whole empowerment message was well-done, and I think this is an important book for this reason, because many girls who go through what Jacqueline and Mindy went through keep quiet for all the reasons mentioned in Easy. The romance between Lucas and Jacqueline was lovely. Highly recommended for all, especially those of us who went to college some time ago - it does bring back memories (the panic swotting for exams bit wasn't such a good memory)
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Easy by Tammara Webber Reply with quote

msaggie wrote:
Highly recommended for all, especially those of us who went to college some time ago - it does bring back memories (the panic swotting for exams bit wasn't such a good memory)

I also loved Easy! One of my best reads of 2012. It completely took me back to my college years. So much so that I bought it for my BFF from college. She loved it too.
Natalie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the hero is to die for!
jc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! I just started reading a few YA books (because people on this site love them so much) and Easy has character depth, a moving story and a believable outcome.. I loved Lucus. I was totally invested in the story and read it in two sittings. An A grade from me.

Next, however, I read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It had over 2500 reviews on Amazon with a great rating so I figured it had to be pretty good. What a disappointment. I thought the hero, Travis, acted like a big baby and Abby was a mess and the ending was absolutely unbelievable to me. I rolled my eyes and threw the book in disgust. I hate when I invest so much time in a book only to have a ridiculous ending. I like a HEA as much as the next person, but this one felt forced, rushed and immature. Now I'm afraid to try another YA book.
Natalie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jc wrote:
I agree! I just started reading a few YA books (because people on this site love them so much) and Easy has character depth, a moving story and a believable outcome.. I loved Lucus. I was totally invested in the story and read it in two sittings. An A grade from me.

Next, however, I read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It had over 2500 reviews on Amazon with a great rating so I figured it had to be pretty good. What a disappointment. I thought the hero, Travis, acted like a big baby and Abby was a mess and the ending was absolutely unbelievable to me. I rolled my eyes and threw the book in disgust. I hate when I invest so much time in a book only to have a ridiculous ending. I like a HEA as much as the next person, but this one felt forced, rushed and immature. Now I'm afraid to try another YA book.

Don't be afraid. Just like with everything else, YA has its hits and misses. If you liked Easy, Webber's other books might be up your alley. I also loved Anna and a French Kiss (yummy hero and can't beat Paris as a setting) and The Sea of Tranquility (another great hero).
Yulie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy is fantastic and Lucas is a wonderful hero (if I have a complaint, it's that he is too perfect). Jacqueline's journey is one of self-empowerment and discovery, and her happiness, while greatly enhanced by finding the man she loves, isn't dependent on it. Plus, it is so girl-positive; Erin is a wonderful friend, and the sorority president is wonderful.

While the Between the Lines books are different in tone, this is what I've come to associate with Webber's work: strong female characters and men who respect women and don't push the heroines around to show how alpha they are. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case in the romance genre. This part, from the hero's narrative in Where You Are, made me want to stand up and cheer:
Quote:
“A self-possessed man is what a psychologically healthy woman wants,” preaches my mother, the psychologist. “Not some guy who dispenses orders and punishment—whether physical or emotional—and distrusts her every move.”
She brought home enough codependent client stories, a few complete with stalking—two of which turned criminal—to scare my sisters away from those type of guys and scare me away from that type of girl. The type who wants—needs—the jealous boyfriend to prove she has worth.

Tammara Webber is awesome.

I have also been cautiously checking out NA/mature YA books. As I've written elsewhere, one thing I appreciate about the good ones is that the characters usually have real issues to deal with; too often in contemporaries the conflict seems manufactured, to allow for a novel-length page count. Meanwhile, Jacqueline and Lucas, Travis and Harper in Trish Doller's Something Like Normal, and Echo and Noah in Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits are dealing with real problems and their relationships progress in believable ways (and though it's not exactly a romance, Andi and Virgil in Jennifer Donnelly's Revolution, too). I am all for it.

I have read some pretty bad reviews of Beautiful Disaster, however, so I will stay well away from that one.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yulie, I really hope you will try The Edge of Never, I don't think you'd be sorry you did. Smile As a hero Andrew Parrish is pretty damn awesome!

Linda
Natalie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yulie wrote:

I have read some pretty bad reviews of Beautiful Disaster, however, so I will stay well away from that one.

I stayed away due to the bad reviews. I've liked The Edge of Tranquility primarily because of the hero: he's quite mature for a high school senior because he's been mostly by himself for a while.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you loved Lucas from Easy and Andrew from The Edge of Never I HIGHLY recommend reading Wait For You by J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout), Cam is a hottie sweetheart! Only .99 cents via the Kindle and the most enjoyable book I've read so far this year. Absolutely wonderful.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: