AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty Shades of Grey the Movie and Fun Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Oh I hope this works. It is sooo funny!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=270804333033877&set=a.139406536173658.27826.100003129378739&type=1&theater Click on "Ocean View"

I cut and paste it, that was cute! What ocean? Very Happy

Xina and Kerstin you all are tempting me to watch The Tudors, though it's not normally my kinda thing. I notice Netflix has it on instant watch. I think height would be ok as long as they picked an Ana that is a fair share shorter.

Saw this and it made me LOL -

Linda
Kerstin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
kmredd wrote:
Oh I hope this works. It is sooo funny!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=270804333033877&set=a.139406536173658.27826.100003129378739&type=1&theater Click on "Ocean View"

I cut and paste it, that was cute! What ocean? Very Happy

Xina and Kerstin you all are tempting me to watch The Tudors, though it's not normally my kinda thing. I notice Netflix has it on instant watch. I think height would be ok as long as they picked an Ana that is a fair share shorter.

Saw this and it made me LOL -

Linda

LMAO! You should really watch "The Tudors". It is not normally my thing either because it is not the era I prefer-I never read Tudor romances. Everything prior 1800 is normally off the list. But the whole thing is not terribly tudorish. Think of a charismatic, sex crazed, megalomaniac, slightly unhinged rock star with his groupies and drink buddies let loose in Tudor England and you have Rhys Meyers + entourage. It is goofy, if a bit garish fun. Sometimes a bit brutal but when there were torture scenes I just closed my eyes and opened them at the next sex scene. It is pure entertainment.

Kerstin
xina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:

LMAO! You should really watch "The Tudors". It is not normally my thing either because it is not the era I prefer-I never read Tudor romances. Everything prior 1800 is normally off the list. But the whole thing is not terribly tudorish. Think of a charismatic, sex crazed, megalomaniac, slightly unhinged rock star with his groupies and drink buddies let loose in Tudor England and you have Rhys Meyers + entourage. It is goofy, if a bit garish fun. Sometimes a bit brutal but when there were torture scenes I just closed my eyes and opened them at the next sex scene. It is pure entertainment.

Kerstin

Yes...that describes The Tudors exactly Kerstin. Henry gets his way in all things. I am at the part where he is trying to seduce Anne Boleyn with love letters. Oh, and Thomas Tallis, the composer featured in the 50 books (Red Room music...) makes many appearances in THe Tudors so far. I haven't gotten to his relationship yet...
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:
[LMAO! You should really watch "The Tudors". It is not normally my thing either because it is not the era I prefer-I never read Tudor romances. Everything prior 1800 is normally off the list. But the whole thing is not terribly tudorish. Think of a charismatic, sex crazed, megalomaniac, slightly unhinged rock star with his groupies and drink buddies let loose in Tudor England and you have Rhys Meyers + entourage. It is goofy, if a bit garish fun. Sometimes a bit brutal but when there were torture scenes I just closed my eyes and opened them at the next sex scene. It is pure entertainment.
Kerstin

Well gosh if you're going to put it like that I have to at least try it! LOL

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's somemore good stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVDYs-VEVjE

Now I want to watch the Tudors also.
kmredd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the first episode of the Tudors. OMG! I had no idea they were so good. Thank you Kerstin and Linda thank you for the tip on Netflix.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
I'm watching the first episode of the Tudors. OMG! I had no idea they were so good. Thank you Kerstin and Linda thank you for the tip on Netflix.

Isn't it fun? Totally dysfunctional. Smile
kmredd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-frank-spinelli/kristen-stewart-cheating_b_1764901.html I agree with everything this man says in this article to the letter!!! Bless him.
Kerstin I can't believe ho w wonderful the "Tudors" are. The costumes, scenery, the action, the acting!! I'm loving it. Thank you.
Kerstin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-frank-spinelli/kristen-stewart-cheating_b_1764901.html I agree with everything this man says in this article to the letter!!! Bless him.
Kerstin I can't believe ho w wonderful the "Tudors" are. The costumes, scenery, the action, the acting!! I'm loving it. Thank you.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It is not everyone's cup of tea because of the level of violence and sex. Surprisingly enough my eighty years old mother watched it which I never thought possible.

As for the Kristin Stewart "scandal" I have always believed that her relationship with Pattinson was for PR-reasons only. Two years ago when they were allegedly already together, a reporter at a film gala asked Pattinson if it is true that he's together with his agent (a mediocre looking middle-aged blonde) and his whole face lit up when he said: "Oh yes, we are...". Then he was unceremoniously interrupted by said agent who appeared to be quite pissed and told the interviewer more or less to sod off. She didn't deny what Pattinson had admitted, though.

If I had not seen that with my own eyes I would not have believed it but I saw and heard it on TV. The funny thing is no one in the tabloids mentioned that slip of tongue by Pattinson and neither did they mention the interviewer's question. It was apparent that Patterson was caught off guard. Seems that both actors are drawn to much older people already safely established in the business.

I guess the media did not mention it because it is not glamorous and the Stewart/Pattinson pairing was much more prone to please a young crowd. Or maybe they are in cahoots with the film industry and perpetuate lies as a form of advertisement. Stewart and Pattinson may have been truly together at one point but I doubt love was a huge factor. You should have seen Pattinson's face when he wanted to tell the reporter that he's together with his agent. It had written "I'm in love" all over. Hollywood really screws these young actors up, no wonder so many of them become drug addicts. It is like being royalty, you are not really allowed to love who you want to love.

Kerstin
kmredd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/139686/11_naughty_50_shades_of/0/more_slideshows#slideshow I think I need to get one of these. I'm thinking the twitchy palm one. What about you guys? Which one would you get?
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/139686/11_naughty_50_shades_of/0/more_slideshows#slideshow I think I need to get one of these. I'm thinking the twitchy palm one. What about you guys? Which one would you get?

I would totally get the I heart Kinky Fuckery. I love the term. The day I read Fifty call it that, it was love at first sight. I went so far as to find a way to work it's use into a dinner conversation that night with my husbands work friends. I am a talker so not so hard for me to find my opportunity. We were talking about music and I said if I could play and start a band it would be called....Kinky Fuckery. My husband already knew it was my new favorite word, and thankfully he didn't fall off the stool when I said it, and the conversation went right on so I did it without any offense, I think????
xina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-movie-more-fans-for-casting-matt-bomer-as-christian-grey?cid=db_articles

This is interesting....
Kerstin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

Coward that I am I would probably go for the inconspicuous one which is "Eye roller, lip biter". But I honestly don't think that "I love kinky fuckery" would be an advisable choice where I live. On the other hand I could earn a living on the side... Cool However the men who leer at me are no Christian Greys by any stretch of the imagination...so it would be more sensible to have a T-shirt that says: "Wanna get laid by a handsome, well-groomed billionaire with six pack and private jet."

Kerstin

Last edited by Kerstin on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Kerstin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-movie-more-fans-for-casting-matt-bomer-as-christian-grey?cid=db_articles

This is interesting....

I think Matt Bomer should get a chance for an audition. He's extremely handsome and he has that gay, well groomed, too beautiful to believe look that Christian has in the book. I don't know if he's good enough an actor to pull it off but I have the same qualms about Somerhalder. In any case it would be poetic justice since so many straight actors get to play gay men (Brokeback Mountain comes to my mind).

Kerstin
xina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:

I think Matt Bomer should get a chance for an audition. He's extremely handsome and he has that gay, well groomed, too beautiful to believe look that Christian has in the book. I don't know if he's good enough an actor to pull it off but I have the same qualms about Somerhalder. In any case it would be poetic justice since so many straight actors get to play gay men (Brokeback Mountain comes to my mind).

Kerstin

Yes, he is gorgeous, as Christian is described. I'm also enjoying Henry Cavill in The Tudors, and more often than not see him playing 50 as well. Cavill is gorgeous as well and has a deep sexy voice.

As for Somerhalder, I think he's handsome and all, but I don't see him as Christian. Bomer and Cavill are my top choices at this point.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: