AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty Shades of Grey the Movie and Fun Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Fifty Shades of Grey the Movie and Fun Chat Reply with quote

Starting up a new discussion here for movie speculation and fun chat!

I think a good way to start off this thread would be with this FAN made trailer, in case someone hasn't seen it yet. If the real thing is as good I would be so excited! This fan chose to use Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel, I notice she comes up a lot in reader mentions for the role.

http://youtu.be/C706KUh32D4

So far the top 3 names for Christian so far have been Ian Somerhalder, Henry Cavill and Matthew Bomer. I like to add in Alexander Skarsgard and he is mentioned here and there but not with the frequency of the other two.

Ian Somerhalder -

Matt Bomer -

Henry Cavill -

Thoughts? Very Happy

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a lot of excitement about the release of an official soundtrack for the books! I wonder if there will be a seperate one for the movie..

http://www.greatestclassical.com/fiftyshades/

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-fifty-shades-of-grey-soundtrack-20120807,0,958406.story

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The classical soundtrack is lovely. I have some of it downloaded on my phone.
As for the Christian candidates...I've just noticed that Ian Somerhalder looks pissed off in most of his shots. LOL...perfect for Christian. I'm slightly partial to Henry Cavill though.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they are getting closer to selecting a screenwriter and have narrowed it down to 4. None of these names or their work sound familiar to me -

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fifty-shades-grey-producers-screenwriters-359080

Xina, I just looked Henry Cavill up on imdb.com and I don't think I've seen a single film or show he appeared in. So can he do intense pretty well? There is some rumors going around that they will not cast an openly gay actor in the role of Christian, I sure hate that it would count out Matt Bomer. I'm willing to keep an open mind about who they cast though, for the most part...no Justin Timberlake, lol

I'm not sure whether to post this in the Fifty thread or here, I'll go for here since the discussion is pretty meaty over there right now. Gilbert Godfried reading passages from FSoG! A riot!! But be warned he is using explicit language and reading from sex scenes. What I am finding most hilarious is the look on the women's faces as they are listening to it on audio.

http://youtu.be/5K1RcKJVbHA

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fun! Are we on the Potpourri site or the Romance site? I'll find out. Regarding that trailer I think Boomer looks like what I imagined Christian to look like but Ana dosen't look like what I imagined. Thank you for the fanfiction links Linda. I can hardly wait to get on them. Thank God for you guys. I was desparate after finishing the trilogy.
kmredd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say this song would be good for the movie too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGs8vtjDxxY&feature=share
kmredd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret Easton just said on Twitter "there is no way the producers of FSG will use and actor who is openly gay to play Christian Grey. period!
This is just what I was afraid of.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Bret Easton just said on Twitter "there is no way the producers of FSG will use and actor who is openly gay to play Christian Grey. period!

He is out of the running now and says he's 'disappointed', there was a bunch of hubub around it accusing him of being homophobe and E.L. James tweeted that no one was in or out of the running, it was way too soon. So we shall see. I think when it comes to casting they're going to have their hands full because there is no way they're going to be able to please everyone.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
This is fun! Are we on the Potpourri site or the Romance site? I'll find out. Regarding that trailer I think Boomer looks like what I imagined Christian to look like but Ana doesn't look like what I imagined. Thank you for the fanfiction links Linda. I can hardly wait to get on them. Thank God for you guys. I was desperate after finishing the trilogy.

The link to that Christian Blog was the best yet, fan fiction has opened up a whole new world of reading for me! I'm finding these days I prefer the more amateur authors too, they have a fresh voice.

For songs - you know I've listened to The Reason so many times, now I'll have to think of Christian and Ana when I hear it, lol. I'm also saw where Nelly Furtado's Try was getting some attention as a good Christian and Ana song -

http://youtu.be/lZD9uM107s8

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

I saw that too, and that is just ridiculous.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Cavill...I saw him in The Count Of Monte Cristo years ago (2002) and can't remember his part very well. Haven't seen the other films he has been in.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an article on E.L. James trying to put rumors to rest as well as a small slideshow with fan selections for the role. It amuses me to see Jensen Ackles from Supernatural on there! I love the show and he does a good job as Dean but I can't imagine this. I'd be willing to watch his screen test though so I could make a fully informed opinion. Surprised)

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-author-puts-casting-rumors-to-rest

Linda
kmredd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one similar to yours Linda. In this one Matt Boomer looks exactly like I picture Christian. In yours I see they have Tatum Channing (I'm sure I don't have his name right) and I just watched a movie called "The Vow". It was good and based on a true story. Anyway after watching that I think Tatum would work too. http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-author-will-be-back-the-united-states
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Here's another one similar to yours Linda. In this one Matt Boomer looks exactly like I picture Christian. In yours I see they have Tatum Channing (I'm sure I don't have his name right) and I just watched a movie called "The Vow". It was good and based on a true story. Anyway after watching that I think Tatum would work too. http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-author-will-be-back-the-united-states

Thanks for the link! Interesting to see some for Ana in there too. I just can't get behind Lucy Hale though from Pretty Little Liars. My daughter watches that show and it makes me crazy, every time I see her face I want to say..OMG it's a text from A! lol

I have not seen The Vow. I've seen Channing Tatum in Magic Mike, 21 Jump Street and GI Joe. He is a good actor and the boy can dance. Not sure I see him as Christian but anything is possible.

I thought this little article was cute, Kim Cattrall singing the praises of Fifty Shades and there was a rumor going around about her playing Elena. Seems like lots of rumors these days...

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity/537612/kim-cattrall-fifty-shades-of-grey-is-great-for-older-women.html?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marieclaire06082012#utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marieclaire06082012&index=1

About the best-selling books, written by E L James, she said: 'It’s fun – whatever turns you on. 'All these women of a certain age are finally having fun and what’s wrong with that? We’re all adults.'

I admit I've never seen a single episode of Sex in the City so I haven't seen her act that I'm aware of.

Linda
Kerstin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Cavill was in "The Tudors" a hugely successfull British period drama. Lots of sex in there, too and naked skin aplenty! Cavill is extremely handsome, has a great body and a very beautiful face but I can't really see him as Christian. But that might me because the kinky, intense and depraved in that one was Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry the eight.

Cavill was kind of the knight in shining armour so I'm a bit biased here. What speaks for Cavill is that he's younger than Somerhalder and Bomer. He would be still young enough (under thirty) to play Christian. The one who could definitley play the role is Rhys Meyers. He's extremely intense, has that sexy stare and can do depraved and dangerous any time but in other movies he pulled off the romantic, shy and good natured guy. So he's the most versatile actor. He's also not afraid of steamy sex scenes (neither is Cavill though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpQI_k8wjgc

This clip on youtube shows both actors.

Kerstin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: