AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Reliable MP3 players?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Most Reliable MP3 players? Reply with quote

I love my audiobooks and have had to say a fond (or not so fond) farewell to several MP3 players recently. I really don't need them to do anything but play audiobooks and work for a long time. Does anyone have any recommendations (other than ipod?)

TIA,
Lynn
PWNN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sansa and have had it for about 6 years. (got one for my mom as well for audio books - she says she consistently drops it and it's still going strong) They play multiple audio formats and most have expandable memory with sd cards so even those with just 4 or 8 gb can hold much more. Very easy to load just by dragging and dropping files - no need for itunes etc but it can also work with Windows Player if you prefer using an interface.

There are many models and the those without video are rather inexpensive. The SanDisk Sansa Clip 4GB goes for about $35-40

Quote:
Small Size, Big Sound The Sansa Clip+ boasts distinctively big sound for its small size. Perfect for the fitness buff or traveler, the compact Sansa Clip+ comes with a fashionable clip for wearing anywhere. It supports MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Audible, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, plus audio books and podcasts.

Extended Music Session Enjoy up to 15 hours of continuous music playback with the long-life, rechargeable battery!

Expandable Storage Built-in 4GB memory allows you to store up to 1000 songs. Expandable microSD and microSDHC memory card slot grows with your music library and easily loads slotRadio or slotMusic cards

What’s More The digital FM tuner comes with 40 presets for listening to sports, your favorite music station or tuning in at the gym. Built-in microphone allows you to record your thoughts on the go. Large, bright (OLED) screen with a simple user interface makes it easy to choose playlists or songs sorted by title, artist or album.

MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stepdaughter has a Sansa and loves it. She uses it when she's running and it's held up well.

My husband bought me a smart phone specifically because I tended to forget my phone but almost always have my mp3 player close by - now they're the same thing.
MissRubyJones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the third to chime in on the Sansas. I've had one for about four years now that is played (just music) on an almost daily basis, and kept in my work car in extreme temperatures - I'm forgetful, lol. It's been a jewel. Before it, I wore out two RCAs and another whose brand I've forgotten in about six months to a year. The Sansa is super easy to operate and add items to - just drag and drop.
Salaisuus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Sansa Clip here. I have gone through many, many mp3 players. The Sansa Clip works just fine. I wish mine had longer battery life (I had much better luck with the kind of player that took one AAA battery that was rechargable) but it goes about 8-9 hours with one charge, and the charge only takes about 2-3 hours.

Benefits to the Sansa Clip that I appreciate
-using Overdrive to transfer files goes smoothly for me.
-it you turn it off, it picks up where you left off when you turn it back on.
-if the battery dies and it quits, it picks up where it left off (immediately, so be sure you have the things in your ears before you unplug it from the USB port).

It does occasionally not pick up where it left off and this seems random to me but it is possible that it got unlocked (there is a button to push to lock it so you don't accidentally bump the thing and send it skipping ahead or back to the next or previous sound file) and bumping it made it do this.

I use mine for when I walk and when I run, and I much prefer having a device that has a dedicated thingie for changing the volume, and the Sansa Clip has that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: