AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marcia Lynn McClure - Does anybody know her books?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bavarian

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Marcia Lynn McClure - Does anybody know her books? Reply with quote

Browsing Amazon I came about Marcia Lynn McClure. She seems to be an author with many fans but no reviews on the "usual" sites.
Has anybody read her books? Are they to be recommended?
Her books seem to be on the sweet side, but inspirational too?
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I've never heard of her either, and she has a lot of published books. On BN.com almost all the reviews are 4 or 5 stars, but, except for a few, they're all submitted by "anonymous". That always makes me wonder if the good reviews are more an indication that the author has a lot of friends, than anything having to do with the quality of the book.

I'm curious now too. Some of the books sound interesting.
PatW

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also never heard of her... I must have too much time on my hands but got curious and did some gerneralized searching. Seems to now be "self published" - her publisher is listed as Distractions Ink and a search on that website takes you directly to her website. However there is other info that she worked to get the rights to her work back from other publishers. Her nickname "Queen of Kisses"... titles in many genres. She's based in Utah and does have lots of western settings. The Goodreads reviews I saw had readers based in the west.... is she a regional phenomena?
pamahla

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read 4 of her books, they are definitely on the light, sweet side, clean - at most kisses. She writes all different genres - contemp, historical, western.

Kissing Cousins was one I enjoyed. It's a contemporary romance and the majority of the book takes place in a restaurant, where the Hero is the chef, and the heroine is a college student working as a waitress. It's definitely a cute, light romance. So if you prefer you romances with a lot of meat, obstacles, drama, then this would not be to your liking.

The Highwayman of Tanglewood - reminded me of Robin Hood. This one was just ok.

The other two, "Crimson Frost" and "Love Me" I read, but it has been awhile so I cannot remember the details, but upon reflection, I do recall enjoying Crimson Frost immensely - it was a medieval setting and it was a very sweet love story.

I would lend the ebooks to you through Amazon, however it seems that the publisher has not made the ebooks lendable. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: