AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for similar stories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCGar

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Looking for similar stories Reply with quote

I really enjoyed From This Moment by Kurland. I find it funny and the hero adorable. Are there any other similar stories that you guys can recommend?
Manda

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, McGar, can you give us some details about the plot and the hero? I haven't read that one, but I might know of some similar titles to recommend if I know more about the book.
MCGar

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks manda. Smile
The plot begins with the heroine posing as a knight in order to escape an arranged marriage to a warrior/lord with a fierce reputation. Her stepmother had arranged it in order for the heroine to be either tortured or killed by such a mean husband. She ends up becoming a knight in service to the next woman picked to be the Hero's wife.
The Hero is a fierce fighter/warrior in battle but not when it comes to women. He is offended that the heroine chose to run away from the marriage instead of atleast coming up with an excuse.
When the heroine/knight accompanies the new fiancÚ to meet the Hero he ends up taking her under his wing because she really isn't a very good knight.
He takes her and a group to go in search of the runaway fiancÚ (giving up the latest fiancÚ who would just faint at the sight of him or lock herself up in her room and eat)

It's a comedic story with exaggerated oafishness and obliviousness of both the main characters. I enjoyed the blunders, blustering, and eventual teamwork that made up the story.
JudyZ6666

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Kurland's other books? In particular, This Is All I Ask is very good and features the hero (Colin) of the book you read. Many of her books are TT, but this one is not (although it features several key characters from her dePiaget TT series).

Judy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: