AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help - contemp with heroine and hero pretending couple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariehoney44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Need help - contemp with heroine and hero pretending couple Reply with quote

I am looking for a book - the heroine meets up with friends at a hotel for friends wedding? they are trying to set her up or something like that so she and the hero pretend they are together - the hero actually falls in love with her and has to convince her that they should be together - it was winter because there is a scene at the end where they are snowed in a cabin? It seems the heroine had some hurt in her past but can't remember what
LeeB.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until you said winter, I was thinking it was a Kasey Michaels book.
mariehoney44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there s a scene in the book where te heroine and hero are dancing and her best friends husbands are upset with the hero because he is with her?
mariehoney44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong about winter. But if you were thinking everything is coming up rosie - it isn't that. There are some similarities.

In the book I am looking for I think she does kiss the hero or he kisses her to make her friends think she is with someone. The hero seems too good to be true - they end up sleeping together and that shocks her friends (she was either a virgin or didn't sleep around).

I almost feel like it was part of a series - like we knew something about the friends/cousins/sisters husbands.

I think the hero fell for her right away and then spends the rest of the book taking advantage of the fact that to keep up the pretense of her being with him she has to stay with him.
doriko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but it sounds like a book I'm currently reading, A Bravo Homecoming by Christine Rimmer, and it is part of a larger series featuring the hero's siblings.
Sterling_95

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's a novella, not a book, Just Curious by Jude Deveraux would fit the description. The hero is MJ Taggert and the heroine is a widow named Karen who works for his company.
mariehoney44

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is either of those - but thanks for trying!
JudyZ6666

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doriko wrote:
Not sure, but it sounds like a book I'm currently reading, A Bravo Homecoming by Christine Rimmer, and it is part of a larger series featuring the hero's siblings.

I don't think this is one of the Bravo books (although similar). It is definitely not A Bravo Homecoming, although that's a cute book if you like the fake engagement scenario (with a heroine What Not to Wear transformation thrown in).

The whole the-friends-object thing sounds familiar to me, too, but I can't place it, so I have an ulterior motive in posting this, as I wanted to bump it.

Judy
Salaisuus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.J.'s Fate by Kay Hooper could fit your description.

Just looking this up, the description is not very good. But if you look at the first review here at Amazon, the description of what actually takes place is better: http://www.amazon.com/C-J-s-Fate-Kay-Hooper/dp/0553590480

"C.J. goes to Aspen to join the four women who've been her best friends for twenty years, she dreads the subsequent matchmaking which will inevitably occur. Since this is for the wedding of the last one unmarried except for herself, she expect it to be fast and furious. Because C.J., doesn't particularly want to get married and is happy being alone, she doesn't understand what all the concern is about and, in a particularly rebellious moment, decides to play that joke on her friends, a joke that will have everlasting consequences. "
kirstengarrett

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second CJ's Fate by Kay Hooper. They do get stuck in a cabin at the end. This was the first book I read by Kay Hooper and I really enjoyed it back then. I think I still have it in a closet somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: