AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Golden Globes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Golden Globes Reply with quote

What did you think of the Golden Globes? I was surprised to see The Descendents win for best drama. I thought it was a little sad and came up short in the stories. It did have a nice environmental story about Hawaii but it kept showing the mom/wife in the coma. I wanted to see George take his girls camping, or stay in the cool lodge or something to help them appreciate the beauty.

I liked Midnight in Paris much better and even Bridesmaids or the Help. I didn't see what George Clooney did that was so wonderful to win best actor. I think he is a Hollywood Press favorite, same as Kate Winslet. Madonna was egocentric talking about her movie and I am sorry to see she will be playing for the Superbowl. I like her older stuff but its just that, old. I liked Jimmy Fallon when he asked Adam Levine of Maroon Five what moves like Jaggar looked like and then he went on to show the Rooster Strut, etc. What did you think?
LeeB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Globes Reply with quote

I really liked Midnight in Paris a LOT. I'm glad it won Best Screenplay. Haven't seen The Descendants yet but I agree that George Clooney is a Hollywood Press Association group favorite, as Meryl Streep seems to be too but she deserves to win more Oscars. Just sayin'. I also enjoyed The Help and Bridesmaids.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Jimmy Fallon hilarious? He's been doing that Jagger impression for a long time, since SNL.
I haven't seen the Clooney movie, but he is Hollywood's golden boy. Midnight In Paris..haven't seen that either, but my daughter was watching it the other day, and she wasn't impressed, but she is 23 and not a fan of the Woody Allen "delivery". I would like to see it.
The Help was a wonderful movie. I was so happy to see the actress get the supporting award. She did a wonderful job in the movie.
Loved Bridesmaids, maybe not as much as some people, but I thought it was funny.
Madonna...we were trying to figure out what accent she is using now. I'm not much of a fan.

edited to add...I have to add that I thought Gerard Butler looked very good. Just to let you know....
Cora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that The Artist won in three categories, because making a silent movie in this day and age is something of a risk. Besides, it looks like a lovely film based on the clips I have seen. Hey, this might even spark a renewed interest in 1920s set historicals.

I'm also glad for the wins for Idris Elba and Peter Dinklage in the TV categories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: