AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Recent Movie You Watched
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Most Recent Movie You Watched Reply with quote

The last movie I watched was Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. I liked it. I wouldn't of my own volition have gone to see it in the theaters, but as I have mentioned in the past I go see a lot of movies for work with my clients in the DD community. I thought it was cute, and the person I saw it with really appreciated all the singing and music because he likes that stuff. Worth the price of the ticket I'd say.
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy Reply with quote

Since the previous thread is locked, I can't quote PWNN, but this is in response to her question about comparing the 1979 Alec Guiness TV version of Tinker Tailor to the current movie.

Unfortunately, I can't answer since I haven't seen the older version. It's certainly true that there were a lot of characters and plot to be covered in only 2 hours. However, I found it gripping, and I very much enjoyed trying to figure it all out. The actors were all wonderful. Gary Oldman, of course, and Colin Firth (who I used to think of as an actor of limited range but who once again proved I was wrong), Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch were also lovely to watch. The cinematography and settings all added to the atmospherics -- even when the movie switched to Budapest and Istanbul, the feeling of claustrophobia and intense focus never let up. See it, and if you can let us know how the two versions compare, I'd appreciate it.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I went to see The Iron Lady. I was blown away by Meryl Streep's portrayal of Margaret Thatcher. What an amazing actor that woman is. The movie was an interesting look at Thatcher's career and her memory of event's told in flashbacks. Streep definitely deserves an Oscar for her performance.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to This Mean's War, which comes out on Valentine's day I think. We saw an extended preview for it when we went to see the latest Mission Impossible movie and it looked like fun!

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/means-war-trailer-hits-theaters-friday-video-10-13-2011

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I am really looking forward to This Mean's War, which comes out on Valentine's day I think. We saw an extended preview for it when we went to see the latest Mission Impossible movie and it looked like fun!

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/means-war-trailer-hits-theaters-friday-video-10-13-2011

Linda

Yes! I saw the preview when we were at One For The Money. We were remarking how it seems like a different role for Reese. She usually plays the Girl Next Door. In this movie she seems a little naughty. Smile It looks funny. Those previews were great.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Yes! I saw the preview when we were at One For The Money. We were remarking how it seems like a different role for Reese. She usually plays the Girl Next Door. In this movie she seems a little naughty. Smile It looks funny. Those previews were great.

Any other good previews Xina?

I'm thinking that this one will make a good Valentine's Date movie for the hub and I!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Any other good previews Xina?

I'm thinking that this one will make a good Valentine's Date movie for the hub and I!

Linda

I think The Vow looks good with Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. It could really stink, but I think it looks good. And Hunger Games looked really good, although I haven't read the book yet, my daughter and DIL have (loved the book and the series) and they are excited for the movie. I'm going to have to read it.
Yes...that movie would be wonderful for Valentine's Day!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[I think The Vow looks good with Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. It could really stink, but I think it looks good. And Hunger Games looked really good, although I haven't read the book yet, my daughter and DIL have (loved the book and the series) and they are excited for the movie. I'm going to have to read it.
Yes...that movie would be wonderful for Valentine's Day!

Hmmm, I don't think I've seen the promo to The Vow? I'll have to look it up!

I've read the Hunger Games books, all but the last, I can't bear to read it because there is only so much cruelty I can take. But my daughter has read it and spoiled me some and also tells me to not be a weanie and read it already, lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Hmmm, I don't think I've seen the promo to The Vow? I'll have to look it up!

I've read the Hunger Games books, all but the last, I can't bear to read it because there is only so much cruelty I can take. But my daughter has read it and spoiled me some and also tells me to not be a weanie and read it already, lol

Linda

The Vow...a newly married couple, who are really close, get into a car accident and she can't remember being married to him. Okay...right there, who would forget Tatum Channing??? LOL! ANyway, it looks really sweet. Just the kind of movie my daughter and DIL went, *ahhh* over. A girl movie all the way..romantic. A movie that will get horrible reviews, but...oh well. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[The Vow...a newly married couple, who are really close, get into a car accident and she can't remember being married to him. Okay...right there, who would forget Tatum Channing??? LOL! ANyway, it looks really sweet. Just the kind of movie my daughter and DIL went, *ahhh* over. A girl movie all the way..romantic. A movie that will get horrible reviews, but...oh well. Smile

My husband and I long ago decided that horrible reviews usually equal that we'll love the movie! lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

My husband and I long ago decided that horrible reviews usually equal that we'll love the movie! lol

Linda

Yes, and romantic movie rarely get the "thumbs up". I figure movie critics go to so many movies that they are jaded at the end of the day. They probably sleep through most of them anyway. LOL
D Rogers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Most Recent Movie Reply with quote

I saw The Artist last night and loved, loved, loved it. It is old-fashioned romantic, but most of all, a love story to movies themselves. I can't recommend it highly enough.

The only bad thing about the whole experience was the people who felt they had to narrate the movie to one another. I guess they were uncomfortable with the lack of dialogue. But really, did they think we went to a silent film to hear them talk?

Denise
Nicole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the The Secret World of Arrietty tonight. I'm torn as to whether I liked it or not. The movie and animation was beautiful. It was like going inside of a painting. However, there wasn't much of a plot, and it was pretty slow. I'd say it was worth the price of the ticket however.
Cora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC just did an adaption of the same book (The Borrowers) on Christmas with a great cast including Christopher Eccleston, Stephen Fry and Robert Sheehan. I haven't seen the animated adaption yet, but it will have to be very good to go head to head with the BBC adaption.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Means War
B
Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, Tom Hardy

A fun, funny rom com. A girl meets two great guys the same night and begins dating them both. Unbeknownst to her they know each other and quickly begin a competition for her affections. Since both are spies the competition quickly goes to unprecedented lengths.

I rooted for the wrong guy but knew all along who was gonna get the girl. That didn't affect my enjoyment of the movie, which was funny and sweet.
One of the best rom coms I've seen in awhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: