AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

men often misread women's sexual clues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: men often misread women's sexual clues Reply with quote

Remember that I'm not very good at giving links. If this one doesn't work, the article is on the Yahoo news page.
http://news.yahoo.com/men-often-misread-women's-sexual-clues-study-140407066.html

Do you agree or disagree with the points made in the article?
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I couldn't access that particular link, but here's one for Yahoo that seems to bring it up.

http://news.yahoo.com/men-often-misread-womens-sexual-cues-study-140407066.html

I read it and, quite frankly, I'm not sure of my thoughts regarding this. Maybe I'm too distanced now from the dating scene (do they even call it that anymore?) to be aware of the points raised in the article. Very Happy
Hopeless_Romantic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a similar study in a Discovery Channel program about attraction. It was a speed dating environment and in that case the scientists observed that females generally keep their interest level hidden (as in body language) but the men were more open. And because the women's expressions weren't giving anything away, the men assumed interests, even when there wasn't any. The researchers said that their assumption increased their chances because it's a matter of percentages.

How funny that in romantic fiction it's the men who remain mysterious and the women who show more of their feelings. Smile
maryskl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings to mind my husband's philosophy on relationships. We have been through all of the dating stuff with our kids (now all in their 20s). After one particularly explosive rant from my oldest daughter, my husband said, "Boys are...?" and she said, "Stupid!" He replied with, "because they are boys!" To my son he said, "girls are...? Unfathomable...because they are girls." We really do not relate the same way. Girls cannot assume that a boy "should" know what they want or what they are thinking. If you want them to know, TELL THEM. Boys cannot assume that everything is going OK because the girl says nothing. TALK TO HER.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......our 23yr. old daughter lives with us while she is saving her money to move..someday. Anyway...I am pretty close to her and what I take from her talks with me about boyfriends and all that is that, some guys are clueless. I really have no other way to describe them. Some are, and others are better. It's a jungle out there. That is what I think. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: