AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War of the Fairy Tale Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: War of the Fairy Tale Shows Reply with quote

So, I watched the series premiere of Grimm last night and comparing these two fairy tale based series, I know it's real early in the game still, but after one episode of each, Grimm has a slight lead. I like the fact that Grimm is, well, a bit grimmer *g* than Once Upon a Time.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Grimm on the DVR and I'm gonna watch it soon! I have seen the first ep of Once Upon a Time and it was excellent.

Linda
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked them both. The helpful werewolf on Grimm was my favorite character of either show. I hope we see a lot more of him!

maggie b.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to watch Grimm and loved it! I can't pick a favorite, I hope both shows last.

Linda
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Finally got to watch Grimm and loved it! I can't pick a favorite, I hope both shows last.

Linda

It is tough to say which is better isn't it? I watched The second episode of Once Upon a Time and it was very good. And the previews for next week were very intriguing.
Trish B

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am LOVING ONCE UPON A TIME. I love the characters and the dual nature of them (fairy tale vs contemporary). I am really interested in where this storyline will go. And the little boy, Henry, is so cute and sweet!

As for GRIMM, I saw about 10 minutes of it, too little to really judge, but from what little I did see, it lived up to it's title . . .
PWNN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked both shows.

Grimm seemed tighter, looked sleeker with better cinematography and had sharper dialogue but seems smaller scaled in ambition at least so far. Hopefully the overarching arc will be more important than the week to week procedural.

On the flip side, I really like the multi-levels of Once Upon A Time and the ambition though the modern parts seem more assured than the fairy tale parts which seemed rougher and disappointingly look a bit cheap and a tad cheesy (especially the costuming)

I like the leads in both series but my favorite characters so far: the reformed Pilates practicing werewolf on GRIMM and Robert Carlyle's Rumpelstiltskin on OUAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: