AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hawaii Five-0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Hawaii Five-0 Reply with quote

Ask and you shall receive *g* While we have a season of whole new shows coming up, Hawaii Five-0 was my favourite last year and I can't see that changing this year. While it doesn't hurt that Alex O'Loughlin is very fine and I love that Grace Park plays Kono in this version, what I really love is the relationship between Steve and Danny. As Robiform mentioned in the other thread, it's the best 'bromance' I've seen in a long time.

And was anyone else as shocked and horrified at that last scene in the season premiere? I did not see that coming!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Ask and you shall receive *g* While we have a season of whole new shows coming up, Hawaii Five-0 was my favourite last year and I can't see that changing this year. While it doesn't hurt that Alex O'Loughlin is very fine and I love that Grace Park plays Kono in this version, what I really love is the relationship between Steve and Danny. As Robiform mentioned in the other thread, it's the best 'bromance' I've seen in a long time.

And was anyone else as shocked and horrified at that last scene in the season premiere? I did not see that coming!

Yes, I love the relationship between Steve and Danny, that is the draw of the show for me! They have great chemistry together as actors and are both written really well. Also love Kono and I'm pissed she's not back on 5-0 yet!

I'm always a sucker for a good bromance.

What do you think of the CIA girl twist? I'm undecided..she was growing on me and I don't want her to be a bad guy.

Linda
robiform

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I thought about starting the "Hawaii 5-0" thread Very Happy , here I am!

Having watched many episodes of the original show, I have to say that I like the direction the new show has taken from the start of last season. In particular, I love the way Scott Caan is playing Dano; no disrespect to the late James MacArthur, but the original character really had little to do except "book 'em"! Caan and the show's writers have given a depth to the character which is great! And yes, the bromance between Steve and Dano is most enjoyable!

The characters of Kono and Chin Ho have also been given much more depth than in the original show, and it's wonderful to see Daniel Dae Kim (who played one of the more interesting characters on "Lost") in another show. BTW, I actually first saw him as one of Jack Bauer's early sidekicks in "24", so when he showed up on "Lost" speaking Korean, I was rather taken aback!

It will be interesting to see how Terry O'Quinn's character develops in the coming weeks--from what I understand, he's not going to be on the show permanently.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been enjoying the new H5-0 as well. My only problem with it is being able to stay awake to watch it at 10. Somehow, I'm always more tired on Mon nights.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I viewed the end of last Mon's episode. I've been racking my brain going over all the times when the CIA-girl must have betrayed the team.

Kay
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
I have been enjoying the new H5-0 as well. My only problem with it is being able to stay awake to watch it at 10. Somehow, I'm always more tired on Mon nights.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I viewed the end of last Mon's episode. I've been racking my brain going over all the times when the CIA-girl must have betrayed the team.

Kay

I probably wouldn't make it if I had to stay up, I DVR it to watch later.

Linda
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really liking the female agent too and was hoping she might be ome a regular cast member to help balance the testosterone level a bit. That's whiy I was so shocked when I saw what the writers had up their sleeves. And I was so sad for Danny and his ex.
And as a big fan of Lost, it si nice to see the two former cast members together if only for a short while.

And speaking of Lost, I watched the season premiere of Person of Interest with Micheal Emerson and Jim Caviezel last night and was most impressed. He sure does good playing a creepy character, Michael Emerson that is. Jim Caviezel plays a hot tortured guy very well. *g*
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
I was really liking the female agent too and was hoping she might be ome a regular cast member to help balance the testosterone level a bit. That's whiy I was so shocked when I saw what the writers had up their sleeves. And I was so sad for Danny and his ex.
And as a big fan of Lost, it si nice to see the two former cast members together if only for a short while.

And speaking of Lost, I watched the season premiere of Person of Interest with Micheal Emerson and Jim Caviezel last night and was most impressed. He sure does good playing a creepy character, Michael Emerson that is. Jim Caviezel plays a hot tortured guy very well. *g*

Maybe she's deep undercover and playing the bad guy instead of the 5-0 team?

I didn't watch Lost so I can't comment there.

Linda
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
KayWebbHarrison wrote:

Kay

I probably wouldn't make it if I had to stay up, I DVR it to watch later.

Linda

I would DVR 5-0 too, but we already record Castle. My husband likes Pawn Stars on History at ten and ten-thirty. We can't DVR two programs and watch a third at the same time. However, wonderful man that he is, he will watch H5-0 in real time and record it for me; he likes it too. Then he can record an early AM showing of Pawn Stars. Why do so MANY things we like still come on at the same time?!?

Kay
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
[I would DVR 5-0 too, but we already record Castle. My husband likes Pawn Stars on History at ten and ten-thirty. We can't DVR two programs and watch a third at the same time. However, wonderful man that he is, he will watch H5-0 in real time and record it for me; he likes it too. Then he can record an early AM showing of Pawn Stars. Why do so MANY things we like still come on at the same time?!?

Kay

That's funny, my husband and son love Pawn Stars! They usually catch repeats though. I have had it at times where I was DVRing two shows in the living room and had to watch the third out in the kitchen because they all came on at the same time, lol

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: