AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our pets--sharing stories and photos...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Our pets--sharing stories and photos... Reply with quote

Lea AAR would like us to begin a new thread for pets. I thought I would help out here and start off with Linda's post about Ranger. That's a good beginning. I responded to this one by saying he looked great and asked that she keep us informed here because we care.

Linda in sw va wrote:
Just updating with some Ranger pics! I can now take him to the vet to have him tested for Lyme once more, to see if it's set permanently in. Though, it's not looking good since he still has a lot of problems with his joints but they ran him on another course of antibiotics. Will be taking himin the next couple of weeks.

He's a happy dog though, as long as he has his frisbee! Very Happy

Linda

Last edited by Tee on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thanks for brining Ranger over Tee! That's cool how you were able to add the text to the photos.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Awww, thanks for brining Ranger over Tee!

Oh, no problem. Those were some great shots of him and I didn't want them lost in the closed thread. Nothing much happening with my dog, except that she was freaked by the fireworks for the last four days. Hopefully, they're over. She deals with them by going downstairs to my son's bedroom where the noise is somewhat muffled. But he said that the chair and bed where she usually lies has much more hair than usual on it. I'm sure it's a reaction to the loud noise.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
Awww, thanks for brining Ranger over Tee!

Oh, no problem. Those were some great shots of him and I didn't want them lost in the closed thread. Nothing much happening with my dog, except that she was freaked by the fireworks for the last four days. Hopefully, they're over. She deals with them by going downstairs to my son's bedroom where the noise is somewhat muffled. But he said that the chair and bed where she usually lies has much more hair than usual on it. I'm sure it's a reaction to the loud noise.

Awww, poor baby! My parents dogs were so scared of the fireworks last night they wouldn't come out of their house. Oddly Ranger and our pug Bells didn't seem to mind, Ranger spent the night chasing a frog around the patio, haha.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tee"][ Oh, no problem. Those were some great shots of him and I didn't want them lost in the closed thread. Nothing much happening with my dog, except that she was freaked by the fireworks for the last four days. Hopefully, they're over. She deals with them by going downstairs to my son's bedroom where the noise is somewhat muffled. But he said that the chair and bed where she usually lies has much more hair than usual on it. I'm sure it's a reaction to the loud noise.[/quote

The loss of fur is due to a rise in blood pressure. I know this because my Beagle sheds a huge amount when I bring him to the vet. I often wondered why I was covered in doggy fur after each vet visit and she told me that is the reason. He's a nervous pervous when I bring him to the vet. As for fireworks last night, the Beagle was not so much bothered, our sheltie however was beside himself. Pacing, pacing..back and forth. Poor guy. Not a fan of fireworks at all.
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
The loss of fur is due to a rise in blood pressure. I know this because my Beagle sheds a huge amount when I bring him to the vet. I often wondered why I was covered in doggy fur after each vet visit and she told me that is the reason.

Oh, that was interesting, xina. Our dog, too, loses a lot of fur when we take him down from the vet's table. Poor dogs. I just hope the fireworks thing is done for this year. Even though fireworks are illegal in Michigan, it doesn't seem to deter the folks that love them--and way too many people fire them off.
Beth W

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, Addie had no problem with the fireworks, but this year she was a little freaked out. She didn't pace or shiver, but she stuck to me like glue (which she tends to do anyway, but even more so), and for the last couple of nights she won't go outside to go potty at bedtime. I think that was as much smell as noise, because the first night she refused to go out there weren't any going off at the time but there had been some a bit earlier.

Last night I dragged her out on her leash and she did finally go potty but ran right back into the house.
Nicole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats didn't have to deal with the fireworks really this year. It hasn't rained here in probably more than two months. We are in extreme fire danger (posted on big orange signs so you know they mean business). Also large parts of the state just got over being on fire and what not. Scarily enough they came really close to the Los Alamos nuclear weapons lab, again. Pretty much all the city allowed this year were sparklers and those things you throw on the ground that pop. Anyways it made for a peaceful and quiet fourth of July. I remember last year the cats were pretty traumatized (like 2 days later they were still in deep hiding mode.)
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Ranger update and a healing vibe/prayer request -

Our Pug, Bells, is at the vet with Pancreatitus and I'm worried about him. He's been in a couple of days and is still not eating. Tey have him on an IV. Please send prayers and/or healing Vibes for the little guy, he is such a sweetheart.

http://www.veterinarypetcare.com/dogpancreatitis.html

Ranger - he still tests positive for Lyme so they gave him another round of antibiotics and will test him again in Dec. However, he seems to feel great, is full of energy and eating well. The vet said that sometimes it takes a while to work the Lyme disease completely out of their system so he can very well test negative in Dec. He's such a big goofy boy! He's so playful but is also maturing into such a well behaved dog.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Linda, I'm really sorry to hear about Bells, but happy about Ranger. When my previous dog was having surgery, I slipped into church on my lunch hour, lit a candle and said a prayer. I figured good old St Francis was up there for a reason. Very Happy I will definitely say a prayer for your pug and hope all will go well. They can be very resilient and I hope that's the case here.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Oh, Linda, I'm really sorry to hear about Bells, but happy about Ranger. When my previous dog was having surgery, I slipped into church on my lunch hour, lit a candle and said a prayer. I figured good old St Francis was up there for a reason. Very Happy I will definitely say a prayer for your pug and hope all will go well. They can be very resilient and I hope that's the case here.

Thanks Tee! I'm going to go by and visit him afterwork today, maybe that will help encourage his appetite. He's been my little shadow for four years now and the house is not the same without him. A little coincidence, the church I attended when I lived in MD was St. Francis. Smile

Linda
Ps - I'm going to try and post a video of Ranger soon!
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted a picture of Bandit recently. This one is from July:

I took him in to have his teeth cleaned, and they had to shave his leg for the IV. I don't know how other dogs are, but for my dog, a shaved spot on his leg is a lick-magnet...which will lead to a hot spot. He's fine as long as I'm right there with him, because I can tell him to stop licking and he's so good he'll obey. But at night while I'm sleeping, or during the day while I'm at work, I can't be on lick-patrol. Hence the Cone of Shame. Luckily he only had to wear it for about 3 days.
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks so cute, Niftybergin. I hated those cones, too, when any of our dogs had to wear them. Three days wasn't that long a time to wear one, though.
cheri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww this is a cute thread. We have range of pets. We currently have a Rottweiler named Rascal Bear. We have 2green iguanas named Hank and Herman. And 11 chickens all with names that give me about 8 eggs a day, 2 of which give us green colored ones and another 2 that are roosters who take turns crowing. I will have to try posting pics soon.
Cheri
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
Aww this is a cute thread. We have range of pets. We currently have a Rottweiler named Rascal Bear. We have 2green iguanas named Hank and Herman. And 11 chickens all with names that give me about 8 eggs a day, 2 of which give us green colored ones and another 2 that are roosters who take turns crowing. I will have to try posting pics soon.
Cheri

So cute!!! I miss the rooster that used to live across the street, he'd come to visit sometimes and crow outside my door. We do have neighbors that share their eggs with us, nothing beats fresh eggs!

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: