AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina said
Quote:
Funny! Thanks for posting. So many points I agree with..especially, Explain This Bullshit! Heh.
And the doorknob hand burning too. hee

Loved both of those too- I kept thinking why is everyone grabbing doorknobs still? Wouldn't you try a window just for variety or here's a thought- cover the doorknob with something after the second or third person did it?

I think "Explain This Bullshit" will become my new mantra.

Linda in sw va said
Quote:
Agreed with those two especially! Others maybe not so much but it was funny.

I was agreeing with about 90% of what the recapper said although I am not as big an Andy or Lafayette fan as she is.

Loved Pam ripping the vintage Cartier necklace off the female vamp before she got vaporised and her calling Sookie "Bo-Peep."
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
Loved both of those too- I kept thinking why is everyone grabbing doorknobs still? Wouldn't you try a window just for variety or here's a thought- cover the doorknob with something after the second or third person did it?

"

I know, I was shouting at the tv - are you all idiots! Cover the damn doorknob and see if you can get out! Geesh! lol

Lots of stupid goign on in this ep, it's pretty sad when Jason is the only one that made sense, lol

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
Does anyone have any insight into the Andy and the fairies thing? I never read that far on in the books.

I have no clue where they're going with the Andy/Mirella thing. I've only read up to Book 9 and the fairy business didn't even become a forefront issue until around Book 8 so I think the show's really creating their own thing with Andy/Mirella.

After watching last week's episode, I dug the books out and flipped through for a little recap to help myself remember things. There really is no Big Bad in the next couple of books, rather more a mystery arc related to supernatural goings-on. So I'll be real interested to see which direction the show takes next season.

ChrisReader wrote:
And should I be excited for whoever this Quinn person is? Is he Alcide level exciting??

Quinn has an allure all his own in the books, but as Linda said:
Quote:
No, he's not Alcide level exciting, but then neither is Alcide in the books.

Alcide in the books doesn't even compare to Joe Manganiello. I remember thinking who could they possibly cast that would be bigger and more built than Joe M for Quinn? But after xina mentioned Jason Momoa, I thought well ok, there it is! For some reason, though, I always liked Alcide more in the books than Quinn, even though Sookie is in a relationship with Quinn for several books.

As we head into the season finale, the only thing I'm really concerned about is Crystal/HotShot. I feel like if they're not going to abandon that storyline, it's going to resurface again in the finale. And it doesn't help that in the trailer there's that red-hooded figure running to Jason's house on Samhain! Shocked
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what did you think? Is Tara really gone? I doubt it, but we have to wait 9 months to find out. Sort of a lackluster ending for the season with Bill and Eric in matching robes!! Really?

Also...Sookie turned down Alcide. She turned him down!!! I know, she's not with him in the books either...still.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
So what did you think? Is Tara really gone? I doubt it, but we have to wait 9 months to find out. Sort of a lackluster ending for the season with Bill and Eric in matching robes!! Really?

Also...Sookie turned down Alcide. She turned him down!!! I know, she's not with him in the books either...still.

I wasn't overly thrilled with last night's finale, though it had it's moments.

I doubt Tara is dead, this is my prediction - Both Bill and Eric are tuned into Sookie's emotions because they've shared blood. They'll come running, get rid of Debbie's body and give Tara vampire blood so she'll survive.

I was so upset when they killed Jesus but hey, I'll take seeing him as a ghost now and then, it will be interesting to see who else Lafayette can see!

OMG, Rene coming back to warn Arlene, too creepy! Great scene! lol But they better not turn my Terry into a meanie because I like how wonderful he's turned out to be. This guy from his past is going to cause trouble obviously.

I started to eye roll a little when Sookie broke into tears for what..the 3rd time last night? lol So she left them both, pfffft! She turned down Alice...pfffft! This is so unlike the books I have no idea where they're going. It would have been nice if they could have given us at least ONE episode with Sookie and Eric together, and Eric with his memory. In the books, I think it goes about 1 or 2 books after Eric is 'back' before he remembers his time with Sookie, I think this is where Quinn came in if I remember correctly?

I did see an interview with Stephen Moyer in which he says the fans will be pissed off next season, as many were this season. I took that to mean, fans were pissed off that Sookie broke up with Bill, now they'll be pissed off that she's with neither.

I'm enjoying the Jessica/Jason play out!

Maxine to Sam - Call me Mama.....WTF?

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:

I wasn't overly thrilled with last night's finale, though it had it's moments.

I doubt Tara is dead, this is my prediction - Both Bill and Eric are tuned into Sookie's emotions because they've shared blood. They'll come running, get rid of Debbie's body and give Tara vampire blood so she'll survive.

I was so upset when they killed Jesus but hey, I'll take seeing him as a ghost now and then, it will be interesting to see who else Lafayette can see!

OMG, Rene coming back to warn Arlene, too creepy! Great scene! lol But they better not turn my Terry into a meanie because I like how wonderful he's turned out to be. This guy from his past is going to cause trouble obviously.

I started to eye roll a little when Sookie broke into tears for what..the 3rd time last night? lol So she left them both, pfffft! She turned down Alice...pfffft! This is so unlike the books I have no idea where they're going. It would have been nice if they could have given us at least ONE episode with Sookie and Eric together, and Eric with his memory. In the books, I think it goes about 1 or 2 books after Eric is 'back' before he remembers his time with Sookie, I think this is where Quinn came in if I remember correctly?

I did see an interview with Stephen Moyer in which he says the fans will be pissed off next season, as many were this season. I took that to mean, fans were pissed off that Sookie broke up with Bill, now they'll be pissed off that she's with neither.

Linda

You brought up so many good points Linda, I don't know where to start! Maxine...call me Mama...LOL and her pork rind casserole! Recipe! I need it!
Love the Jessica and Jason scenes. Of course that is the point my husband enters the room and asks..."what are you watching??" On cue. Love those 2 together.
Didn't you notice the matching robes when Eric and Bill were feeding from Sookie? How cutsie can we make those two?
Debbie's dead. She was in the books. Tara..I doubt it too. I had hoped though......
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[You brought up so many good points Linda, I don't know where to start! Maxine...call me Mama...LOL and her pork rind casserole! Recipe! I need it!
Love the Jessica and Jason scenes. Of course that is the point my husband enters the room and asks..."what are you watching??" On cue. Love those 2 together.
Didn't you notice the matching robes when Eric and Bill were feeding from Sookie? How cutsie can we make those two?
Debbie's dead. She was in the books. Tara..I doubt it too. I had hoped though......

I actually didn't notice the matching robes, I"l have to go back and watch! I can be embarrassingly unobservant at times. Embarassed

Oh and Steve Newlin coming back as a vampire, lmao!

Linda
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va said
Quote:
wasn't overly thrilled with last night's finale, though it had it's moments.

I agree -that was my first thought too unless there is some kind of crazy contract dispute with the actress, LOL. When the shot was first done I thought wow, they really did kill Tara! When they showed her on the floor she didn't look as bad so I definitely think Bill/Eric will save her.

Quote:

I was sad about Jesus I had really come to like his character but I had a bad feeling what was coming. Nobody is allowed to be happy in Bon Temps for long!

Quote:

Yes! That Rene bit was one genuinely spooky part of last night. I had been wondering since they wrapped up the baby storyline that it had been decided the baby was not evil right? It was the spirit that was doing all that stuff and she was attached to the creepy old doll. Question- why was Rene still using the Cajun accent? Because that is how Arlene knew him? I think the friend of Terry's is going to be trouble and stir poor Terry up now that he is doing so well.

Quote:
I started to eye roll a little when Sookie broke into tears for what..the 3rd time last night? lol So she left them both, pfffft! She turned down Alice...pfffft! This is so unlike the books I have no idea where they're going. ...I did see an interview with Stephen Moyer in which he says the fans will be pissed off next season, as many were this season. I took that to mean, fans were pissed off that Sookie broke up with Bill, now they'll be pissed off that she's with neither.

But isn't that how EVERY season but the first one ended? Sookie somehow alone by choice or happenstance. Alan Ball seems to like to do that and pick up with something new each season. Maybe next season will be Sookie's "non- Vampire" season with Alcide and Quinn? Much as I love Alcide even I would have turned down that depressing half hearted attempt he made. "We both love other bad people so let's just settle and we'll be together." Snore. I had a feeling Sookie was going to end up with neither- kind of a Buffy "I choose me" kind of ending but for one minute I did think she might go back to Bill.

Quote:

Yes, thank heavens she was Red Riding Hood! I kept thinking the twist was that creepy were-panther was going to show up pregnant and be all "surprise!" If they never revisit HotShot again it will be too soon for me.

I thought the Jason and Hoyt scene was good and that what Hoyt said seemed 100% like what someone would say in that situation- including his final dig at Jason. I do think Jason could have put off running to tell him or telling him in that way.

Quote:

I actually liked that! It was nice they don't always try to make Maxine 100% a villain and it seemed like something she would say. Plus they are both on their own now and both loved Tommy even though they knew he was a jerk too.

xina said
Quote:
Maxine...call me Mama...LOL and her pork rind casserole! Recipe! I need it!

LOL! Just warn the family first!

OK Russell is back!! Are we to think Pam did it? Who else knew?

I had a feeling Steve Newlin would be back because of all those "Where is Steve Newlin?" signs in the background this season.

Thought Holly was great- good thing for the Wiccan first aid kit! Andy was sweet. I liked what he said to her.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe said
Quote:
As we head into the season finale, the only thing I'm really concerned about is Crystal/HotShot. I feel like if they're not going to abandon that storyline, it's going to resurface again in the finale. And it doesn't help that in the trailer there's that red-hooded figure running to Jason's house on Samhain!

Jebe that was all I could think about when they showed her running around! I was SO happy it was Jess Very Happy
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

I actually didn't notice the matching robes, I"l have to go back and watch! I can be embarrassingly unobservant at times. Embarassed

Linda

Linda...Just Google...Bill and Eric in matching pajamas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: