AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charities, GAH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan/DC wrote:
...although not so many that we've given up the landline yet.

Just as with xina, we too gave up our landline about three years ago and I've yet to miss it. My husband, son and I all have cell phones, so it was silly for us to also be paying for a landline account. Someone is always reachable. And you don't get those annoying political calls, even though you're on the do-not-call list.
bookmark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, not charities but unsolicited calls, I made a big mistake of giving my cell phone # when I ordered something for X-Mas. I kept getting constant calls from just the one store regarding special offers. I only picked it up once at the beginning. I did tell them I wasn't interested in their promotions, then or in the future. They kept calling practically every freaking day. Of course I never answered, but it's so darn annoying!!!! Do they not have a clue if the phone is never answered that they're being avoided? Gah!!!! Needless to say, I'm never ordering from them again.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Susan/DC wrote:
...although not so many that we've given up the landline yet.

Just as with xina, we too gave up our landline about three years ago and I've yet to miss it. My husband, son and I all have cell phones, so it was silly for us to also be paying for a landline account. Someone is always reachable. And you don't get those annoying political calls, even though you're on the do-not-call list.

We kept it until my daughter graduated from high school and went to college. Even though she had a cell phone for most of high school, the calls coming in for school functions or teachers, or whatever were always listed on our landline. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. The sale calls would bug me the most. I haven't missed that line at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: